Mod my Pioneer 578a DVD player
Mar 1, 2005 at 12:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DigiPete

500+ Head-Fier
Anyone into this kind of work, that could do basic op amps, caps, and power supply mods on this unit, maybe add a clock if this really makes a noticeable difference.

I use it at work, so I don't want to spend a fortune.

Thanks
DigiPete

Mar 1, 2005 at 1:58 AM Post #2 of 3
I'll be modding the Pinoeer 676A shortly.

Replace the electrolytics on the otuptut with Blakc Gate- N series, replace the output opamps with some burrbrown chips, replace the decoupling caps for the dac / opamps with some elna caps. etc.

Should make a noticable improvment. Not sure about re-clocking though. Pioneers are known for their extra ordinarily low jitter for cheap equipment.

Mar 1, 2005 at 2:41 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbz
I'll be modding the Pinoeer 676A shortly.

Replace the electrolytics on the otuptut with Blakc Gate- N series, replace the output opamps with some burrbrown chips, replace the decoupling caps for the dac / opamps with some elna caps. etc.

Should make a noticable improvment. Not sure about re-clocking though. Pioneers are known for their extra ordinarily low jitter for cheap equipment.

I'd probably attempt to replace caps, but I think I would have someone with experience do OpAmps. Too bad you are in Australia, and I am in California
frown.gif

I'll pop the top, maybe if I take some pictures, someone can help me identify the right caps, and what to replace them with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back