Mobile Speaker System for use with iPod.
Aug 18, 2004 at 5:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

x1lexure

100+ Head-Fier
Recently I came upon a friend who hooked up his iPod to what I guess must have been a 5.1 speaker system. I really don't know how he did it other than RCA from iPod to Subwoofer and the rest of the system got power and signal from the sub. (I think.) I'm really a newb at anything involving computer speakers and speakers in general, but I'm just wondering what he might have been using and maybe find out if any of you had a recommendation on a good system like that. Thanks for your time fellas.

Aug 18, 2004 at 6:39 AM Post #2 of 3
Hmm... I don't know of any 5.1 systems that could be considered "mobile". Are you talking about those tiny, portable speakers that fold up and run off a battery?

Anyway, for your standard computer speaker system, you typically just use a mini-to-mini cable, going from your iPod's headphone jack (or line-out jack) to the speaker. As you go higher up the price ladder, you may have to use a min-to-RCA cable instead. In any case, it's fairly straight-forward.

Hope that helped.

Aug 18, 2004 at 7:39 AM Post #3 of 3
When I say mobile I mean something you don't need to fork around one piece at a time...A sub and 5 semi small computer speakers for example. Sorry about the confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back