Mobile Phone->USB DAC->AVR?
Apr 18, 2020 at 8:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

therock003

100+ Head-Fier
I want to connect my Android Phone (Galaxy note 8) to my AVR (Harm Kardon 151S) and get decent quality. Since my HK Audio receiver is a budget entry-level option it doesnt offer any goodies, like usb passthrough,bluetooth or wireless casting etc. I also got a Cayin C5 Dac, so i thought of the followinf scenario as best case solution.

Connect my mobile to the DAC through USB, and then use the DACs coaxial output, into the AVRs Coaxial source. Will this be the best that i can get? I mean the other approach would be a headphone 3.5mm output from my mobile into the Receivers RCA Left and Right jacks

Apr 18, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #2 of 4
I use my fiio k3 with my iPhone and a schiit heresy I connect iPhone through usb to k3, then line out 3.5mm to rca into the heresy.
I believe if you use coaxial, you bypass the dac in the d5. At least that’s how it works in the k3, that’s why I use the line out.

Apr 18, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #3 of 4
I use my fiio k3 with my iPhone and a schiit heresy I connect iPhone through usb to k3, then line out 3.5mm to rca into the heresy.
I believe if you use coaxial, you bypass the dac in the d5. At least that’s how it works in the k3, that’s why I use the line out.

Which iphone? I got an older model Iphone 5S, can i do usb passthrough from lightning? If so id use that isntead of my Galaxy

Not sure if using the coaxial means signal is just changing ports and there is not DAC happening, but even so the AVR will handle that, and everything will always be better than feeding audio through the 3.5mm headphone jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back