Mobile Line Case
May 14, 2008 at 1:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12
Hi, I would like a total bithead 2006 in clear casing but since those are not available (the clear airheads are still left) I want to know If I could get a bithead then and airhead and have the cases swapped. I think the only difference I recall is the dc jack vs the usb jack opening, and I was wondering if something could be done
confused.gif
I can work with hot knives and the such but I don't remember the material too well and probably would look pretty ugly..

I owned a clear airhead as my first amp and loved it, and unfortunately sold it and now want a bithead right after the clear color got discontinued. Nostalgia bites hard.

I'm posting this because even though I have a wtb up in the sale forums I will be going on a long cruise vacation soon and just have to have this amp because I'll be taking photos of the rig on the sand, etc. Totally arbitrary... I know...

Thanks.

May 14, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #2 of 12
Aha! We have a solution for you. Mike will post here shortly, or better yet if you could email mike@headphone.com and he'll work it out with you.

BTW, for any of you who have oddball requests, A) careful, being an oddball can be habit forming, and 2) Call Mike; it's amazing how often he can handle oddballs.

Well ... that didn't sound quite right, but you get the idea.

May 14, 2008 at 7:49 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aha! We have a solution for you. Mike will post here shortly, or better yet if you could email mike@headphone.com and he'll work it out with you.

BTW, for any of you who have oddball requests, A) careful, being an oddball can be habit forming, and 2) Call Mike; it's amazing how often he can handle oddballs.

Well ... that didn't sound quite right, but you get the idea.

gotta to love Headroom for bringing back the greats for people....cant wait till my millet arrives =)

May 15, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #4 of 12
Or you can buy mine from me!
I am getting a Micro Portable, so I will not need my BitHead.
It is in perfect working condition (BitHead Clear, just like what you're after).
Shoot me an email if interested.

M

May 15, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #5 of 12
Hi everyone
I've contacted Mike @ headroom and will indeed be getting a clear bithead! A very special one too
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks a bundle you guys are so awesome. Ill post pics of the amp in action when I get it.
tongue.gif

May 16, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #6 of 12
ohhh, a special one....do tell do tell...

May 23, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #7 of 12
Well my order arrived exactly on time! What's special about it is that this bithead was the last clear one they made! I feel so lucky, and doubly lucky that everything came in such an orderly manner. Here is a pic of it alongside another bithead I acquired a few days ago.

totalbitheadcleardeucexd8.jpg

I have a phase inverter vst plugin... now all I need to do is figure out how to output to two usb audio devices simultaneously
wink.gif

[size=xx-small]and also make a 4 pin female xlr to dual stereo 1/8 plug adapter...[/size]
tongue.gif

May 23, 2008 at 7:02 PM Post #8 of 12
well if you can figure it out...you can run 1 for Left channel and 1 for Right channel and have the first Balanced double SE setup ever!!!

Also the best crossfeed EVER!!

May 23, 2008 at 7:16 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pacific Microsonics /img/forum/go_quote.gif
totalbitheadcleardeucexd8.jpg

Gay BitHeads!?

Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

May 23, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #10 of 12
This is hilarious.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'd love to hear how this works out.

May 25, 2008 at 4:11 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gay BitHeads!?

Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

I think of them as lesbians. The cardas cable is a two sided sex toy for simultaneous pleasure.

Speaking of simultaneous pleasure, the infrastructure for running two bitheads at once with itunes, one device phase inverted via vst, is done and tested. I'm going to purchase two 1/8 jacks tomorrow to reterminate my senns into balanced. Volume control is critical so both bitheads are at max and levels are adjusted on itunes. I hope headroom's sample deviation is low enough for the two be matched enough to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back