Mo' Money Mo' Problems? The Senn Dilemma
Jan 10, 2010 at 6:10 AM Post #16 of 18
No worries. I was in the same position before and it would stink to throw out $300 and not be satisfied. Our great vendors make it easy to make sure we find the right fit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must have misread your post, and if I did, I am sorry to appear as though I attacked you specifically. I really just have a problem with it when people suggest using the 30 day returns as if they were demos, and I read your post as such. My apologies.

Jan 10, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #17 of 18
progress report...

i got my nuforce Udac over the weekend and the difference it makes even with my very unexceptional cans is impressive. bass is slightly more plentiful, but the quality of it is tighter with less slop. the spatiality has increased, and the sound is clearer, less veiled. impressive for a $99 investment.

anway, this improvement leaves me wondering even more about the HD600 and i think i'm going to have to pull the trigger on a set. thanks to everyone for their insights and opinions.

so the plan now is to start with the HD600's through the Udac. if it works for me, then i'm done. if it needs more push, then i'll start looking at amps...

very excited to see just how much the sound can/hopefull will improve!

Jan 10, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #18 of 18
Good plan. My rule for beginners is headphones always first, then amp later. That is especially true if you can only afford one at a time or are still researching amps. I would let the headphone determine your choice of amp, not the other way around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back