MMX 300 with Asto MixAmp
Dec 5, 2013 at 4:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

keens

New Head-Fier
So I was settled on the Astro a40s until I read how superb the beyerdynamic mmx 300 were supposed to be compared to other gaming headphones. I figured I may as get a nice pair as they are something I would be using for years with my PS4. I'm not at all an audiophile and do not know much about headphones in general but if I'm getting this right all I need is mixamp to get surround sound with the mmx 300? Do I need more than this or should I get a different mix amp? All advice Is greatly appreciated, thanks

Dec 5, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #2 of 3
So I was settled on the Astro a40s until I read how superb the beyerdynamic mmx 300 were supposed to be compared to other gaming headphones. I figured I may as get a nice pair as they are something I would be using for years with my PS4. I'm not at all an audiophile and do not know much about headphones in general but if I'm getting this right all I need is mixamp to get surround sound with the mmx 300? Do I need more than this or should I get a different mix amp? All advice Is greatly appreciated, thanks

I would guess a Mix-amp is fine for use with the PS4.
The Beyerdynamic MMX appears to be a Beyer  DT770 32-Ohm headphone with a mic added.
I would suggect you could get good headphones for gaming, that costs a lot less then the MMX.
Sony MDR-MA900, AKG Q701, AKG K612 Pro, Beyer DT880 Pro 250-Ohm.
Then just get any add-on mic you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back