Mmmmmm... Shakespeare Stout! Now; we're talkin'!
Jul 28, 2004 at 7:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

AGR

100+ Head-Fier
47b4d909b3127cceb376299274240000001610

Jul 28, 2004 at 11:05 PM Post #2 of 11
Is it as good as Guiness? I'm always game for a new beer. However, one of my favorites is Newcastle Brown Ale.

Jul 29, 2004 at 2:35 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceman
Is it as good as Guiness? I'm always game for a new beer. However, one of my favorites is Newcastle Brown Ale.

I like them both. However; Rogue Shakespeare Stout is an Oatmeal Stout - a bit sweeter with great body. Wheras Guinness, is an Irish Stout, and is more dry.

Jul 29, 2004 at 2:41 AM Post #4 of 11
I've seen this particular Stout available at my local liquor specialty store but have never gotten around to try it, maybe I'll stop by this evening and pick up a bottle.

Jul 29, 2004 at 4:47 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
I've seen this particular Stout available at my local liquor specialty store but have never gotten around to try it, maybe I'll stop by this evening and pick up a bottle.

Its certainly worth trying. Also check out Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout and Imperial Stout.

JC

Jul 29, 2004 at 5:45 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by AGR
I like them both. However; Rogue Shakespeare Stout is an Oatmeal Stout - a bit sweeter with great body. Wheras Guinness, is an Irish Stout, and is more dry.

Thanks. I'm going to give this one a try if I can find it at my local specialty beer & wine shop.

Jul 29, 2004 at 5:48 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfall
Its certainly worth trying. Also check out Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout and Imperial Stout.

JC

Have you tried the Lager and IPA? Samuel Smith makes an excellent beer. A little expensive, but well worth it, especially with a good steak.

Jul 29, 2004 at 10:42 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceman
Have you tried the Lager and IPA? Samuel Smith makes an excellent beer. A little expensive, but well worth it, especially with a good steak.

Spaceman; you're in the Northeast. Ever had the wonderful beers of Dogfish Head Brewery in Delaware? Fantastic!

http://www.dogfish.com/

Jul 29, 2004 at 3:58 PM Post #9 of 11
I am a huge Rogue Brewery fan. Shakespeare Stout is my favorite. I also like to make ice cream floats with the Imperial Stout from time to time.

Jul 29, 2004 at 4:34 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by remilard
I am a huge Rogue Brewery fan. Shakespeare Stout is my favorite. I also like to make ice cream floats with the Imperial Stout from time to time.

Wow, Imperial Stout ice cream floats sounds interesting. May have to give this a try also.

Jul 29, 2004 at 5:59 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by AGR
Spaceman; you're in the Northeast. Ever had the wonderful beers of Dogfish Head Brewery in Delaware? Fantastic!

http://www.dogfish.com/

No, I have not, and I was just down there last month
frown.gif
. I have had the pleasure of slurping some fine Harpoon Ale out of Boston recently. Very good, especially their summer ale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back