mmf cd25 level 1+ mod.
Apr 17, 2003 at 3:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

tom hankins

Headphoneus Supremus
anyone looking to upgrade there cdp in the sub 1000.00 range might want to try one of these. it's a mmf cd25 modified by chris johnson of parts connextion. i've got 80+ hours on it and it is nice! it just replaced my rega jupiter 2000 as my main cdp. it's 930.00 plus shipping.i read the review on www.6moons.com and became curios,so i bought one . wise move by me. the reviewer says it bests his cairn fogv2 w/upsampling using coax outputs and equals it using balanced outs on the fog cdp.in the past i've owned both rega planets,philip 963,and own the rega jupiter 2000, this player bests them all.

Apr 17, 2003 at 7:11 PM Post #2 of 4
Thanks for your impressions. I own the stock Music Hall player, which sounds very nice, but I am seriously considering having it modified by Parts Connexion this summer. I'm glad to hear that a fellow Head-Fier is happy with the modded player.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 17, 2003 at 8:58 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by tom hankins
the reviewer says it bests his cairn fogv2 w/upsampling using coax outputs and equals it using balanced outs on the fog cdp.in the past i've owned both rega planets,philip 963,and own the rega jupiter 2000, this player bests them all.

How exactly does it best them all?

Apr 17, 2003 at 9:23 PM Post #4 of 4
i ran the jupiter and the cd25 through my mohr at the same time and listening to music i've heard many times before, (bear with me on this explanation) all the sounds of the music seem to start earlier and last longer. at the same time that i'm getting more out of the music, when its gone, its gone. even though i'm getting more out of pretty much every cd i've listened to, it also seems faster and more in control. i'm suprised by this because i think the jupiter should have better power sources in it. as far as the planet is concerned i dont own it any more. but the jupiter is everything and much more than the planet. the philips is not my cup of tea, i gave it to my brother for movies. hope this helps. i guess it just makes music i liked before sound more full now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back