MMCX wireless cable.
Jan 1, 2019 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Thewalkaway

New Head-Fier
hi all:)

I'm not always enjoying music sedentarily and I sometimes like the ease of use of a wireless cable.
I've been wondering what's the best wireless cable in your opinion?
I've got the Shure BT1 cable that came with the se846 but the drop in audio definition is kinda huge.
I'm not sure wether I should purchase the BT2 which is supposed to be HD Audio compatible or some other cable out there.
You guys know where I should look?

Thx:)

Jan 2, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #2 of 7
Hi @Thewalkaway,

Depends on you, have the Shure BT 1 cable, it is better than you describe though once again, depends what you are looking for & what IEM you pair it with as well as source, sound synergy is important.
Have not tried the BT 2 cable yet though not sure I need to at present but that's just me.
Anyway, if you're after a better wireless experience, I suggest Fiio BTR 3 as it supports aptXHD & LDAC, though it is important to note the latter codec requires a compatible player to make this function.

Hope you have a great day !

Jan 3, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #3 of 7
Thank you for your reply:)
Indeed I might be asking too much out of it and should not expect it to be as good as the stock wired cable still if anyone knows for a fact that a better wireless experience like you’ve advised is possible then by all means just throw in your advice.
Have a great day too mate:)

Jan 3, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #4 of 7
Sooo,
I’ve been fiddling a bit and found that by adding gain to help with the loss in volume and punching in a bit more mids to cover for those I found missing compared to the se846 stock cables via the MyuRa app on iOS, I could get quite a decent listening experience indeed.
Apart from a little loss in separation it is very satisfying.
Thanks for pointing out it was not really coming from the cable’s quality:)
By tweaking the settings a bit, one can get a pretty good sound out of the BT1 cable yet:)
Cheers!:)

Jan 4, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #5 of 7
@Thewalkaway,

Cest ne pas problem,

Apologies, I can't type any accents on my keyboard.

Anyway, glad to help, as to a 'better' wireless experience aside from fiddling with EQ, overall settings, etc, try different IEMs, anything iBasso works well.

Otherwise, as stated previously, find a DAP or phone capable of using LDAC &/or 1000 XM2/3

Jan 4, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #7 of 7
Don't worry French is already a pain in the ass when it's your mother tongue so I can't imagine what it's like when it's not yours:)
Thanks for the effort that was sweet:)
And thanks for the advice :)
Cheers!:)

@Thewalkaway,

I appreciate the sentiment, been slowly relearning French over the years (personal hobby among many others) but given life keeps getting in the way, it is much a pain so agree with you there, I have a few other languages which are closer to mother tongue but same issue but that's another story...

Always happy to help.

Be interested to know how you go with finding something which works for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back