MMCX IEM cable recommendation
Dec 12, 2021 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

WobblyGoblin

100+ Head-Fier
I've spent an absolute age looking for this with no success other than cables at prices north of $150USD, like plussound.

Can anyone recommend some affordable durable MMCX cable for an IEM that's made somewhere other than China?

The current cable I've been using is the Shure EAC46 and I'm on my second pair, both of which seemed to be fine at first, then have disconnection issues way too quickly. For reference, those are USD$33.

Order of importance:
  1. Not made in China.
  2. Durable
  3. Price
I'm not looking for sound improvements.

Thanks in advance.

Dec 24, 2021 at 1:59 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the response. I've trawled their website and can't seem to find anything that is clear about their cables being made there, and people on this site have linked to ali express sellers selling cables that look exactly the same for half the price, ALO branded.

The campfire audio site states:
All of our IEMs are conceived, engineered, and assembled by a small, passionate, team in Portland, Oregon. Various parts and accessories for our products are sourced from outside of the United States. All research and design, assembly, frequency testing, quality control, and packaging, are done in-house here in Portland.
The IEMs are just "engineered (designed) and assembled" there using parts from countries unspecified, and that's the IEMs. The entire cable could be getting manufactured in China for all they leave out.

Thanks anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back