Mmcx iem cable question
Sep 12, 2020 at 9:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Sam L

Headphoneus Supremus
Years ago I about how mmcx as an interconnect is not ideal for iem / audio applications. Since then I've pretty much not swapped out any cables ever. I just leave them be.

Now I have a growing bunch of cables and am starting to cable roll. I was wondering what part of the mmcx connection fails most? I'm guessing the female termination?

Sep 12, 2020 at 10:52 PM Post #2 of 3
Years ago I about how mmcx as an interconnect is not ideal for iem / audio applications. Since then I've pretty much not swapped out any cables ever. I just leave them be.

Now I have a growing bunch of cables and am starting to cable roll. I was wondering what part of the mmcx connection fails most? I'm guessing the female termination?

From my experience, the part that dies first is the female termination yes.
I just leave a MMCX cable on and try not to cable roll as far as possible. 2 Pin connectors seem to have better lifespan, but they come with their own sets of problems such as 0.75 mm/0.78 mm variants, para A/B/C, QDC/TFZ variants, recessed/protruding variants, angled/straight variants.

Sep 14, 2020 at 11:49 PM Post #3 of 3
What's more, the original intention of MMCX design is to plug and unplug for about 50 times. If this number is exceeded, poor contact will occur. Some businesses have made inflated male termination, but the cost will also increase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back