MMCX Bluetooth Cable for modded Fischer Audio DBA-02 IEM
Feb 11, 2017 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

cruizin caleb

100+ Head-Fier
Brian of BTG-Audio is doing the removable cable mod (MMCX style) for my Fischer Audio DBA-02. I also have VSONIC GR01 IEMs that I got when the DBA-02 cable shorted out awhile back. I'm thinking about getting a bluetooth MMCX cable for the DBA-02.

So far as I know these are my options:

Odoyo Purdio MX820 – Wireless MMCX Cable from Odoyo (listed at 5 hrs playing time) – $70
Penon Audio MMCX Bluetooth Earphone Cable (listed at 8-10 "working hours") – $20
LEAR BTC-01 Bluetooth wireless cable (listed at 3 hrs playing time) – $100

From Aliexpress:
NiceHCK HB1 Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Cable HIFI Earphone MMCX (listed at 5 hrs playing time; good reviews if the website is accurate) – $40
New Custom Made Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Earphone Upgrade Cable – $15

There is also the Westone MMCX bluetooth cable—but that has pretty poor reviews and it is much more than I want to spend...

As of now I'm leaning toward the NiceHCK. But does anyone have any experience with Bluetooth cables? Can anyone speak against or in favor one of the above models? Are there any I've missed?

Mar 1, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #3 of 19
There is also the Westone MMCX cable at $150, which boasts an 8hr battery life.

I'm in the same boat. I'm looking for a bluetooth mmcx for my SE215s for working out and possibly for my 535s for out and about (though I doubt they'll become my every day drivers, the size and pocketability of my Aurisonic Rockets is too good to just give up)

For me it is between the Purdio and the Westone due to aptX compatibility. 

Mar 2, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #4 of 19
I ended up going with the NiceHCK because I heard it is the same bluetooth lanyard that came with the Advanced Model 3 which, I heard, was quite a success. It's also Bluetooth 4.1 + aptX. I'm still waiting on my IEMs from BTG-Audio. I can report back once I've tested them out.

Mar 3, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #5 of 19
I'm going to try that as well. They look good, and are less than $70 or $150 which is nice... Worst case I'm out $40. I can always get the Purdio down the road... 

Mar 4, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #6 of 19

I should hav
  I'm going to try that as well. They look good, and are less than $70 or $150 which is nice... Worst case I'm out $40. I can always get the Purdio down the road... 

Did you get them yet? If not, I'd hold off. I just got to try mine out for the first time this evening and they wouldn't hold a charge at all. They'd only turn on when they were plugged in. I just started going through a dispute process to see if I can get some money back.

If you did end up already getting them, let me know if they work or not.

Mar 4, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #7 of 19

I should hav

Did you get them yet? If not, I'd hold off. I just got to try mine out for the first time this evening and they wouldn't hold a charge at all. They'd only turn on when they were plugged in. I just started going through a dispute process to see if I can get some money back.

If you did end up already getting them, let me know if they work or not.

I just ordered them, so they should be here in about 2 weeks, since they already shipped. If they aren't holding a charge I'd just open a dispute anyway since you only have 30 days to do so.

Mar 4, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #9 of 19
  so NiceHCK is not so Nice.

whats next?

It might just be that I got a dud. After all, the unity looks identical to the BT cable that came with the Advanced Model 3 (see here: https://www.adv-sound.com/products/model-3 ), which got nearly universally positive reviews.

Hopefully kyuuketsuki will report back upon receiving the NiceHCK.

For my part, I got the Bose QuietComfort 35, which just arrived this afternoon and I'm pretty pleased with them so far, and doubt I'll be looking for a BT cable anytime soon. For now I'm just seeing if I can successfully get the AliExpress seller to send me a functional NiceHCK. I'm not going to start looking for something else until after my dispute is closed.

And I'm still waiting on my Fischer Audio DBA-02 from BTG-Audio. No idea where they are and he hasn't been responding to any of my emails—I sent two in the past couple weeks. :xf_mad:

Mar 5, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #10 of 19

I just ordered them, so they should be here in about 2 weeks, since they already shipped. If they aren't holding a charge I'd just open a dispute anyway since you only have 30 days to do so.

Good news: they're sending me a new cable.

Mar 6, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #11 of 19

Good news: they're sending me a new cable.

That's good to hear. Hopefully I get a good one from the start. I'd like to play around with it and see if it is feasible to cut the wire with my IEMs... 

Mar 19, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #12 of 19
Got mine today. Going to try them out tomorrow. Hopefully it works well. I'm pairing it with my SE215s...

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #14 of 19
  Got mine today. Going to try them out tomorrow. Hopefully it works well. I'm pairing it with my SE215s...

Great—I'm expecting my replacement to arrive in the next couple days. Hopefully it won't be a dud!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back