MLB 2011 Discussion Thread.
Feb 27, 2011 at 12:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 89

Mdraluck23

The Brown Noser
I started this thread because I enjoyed the NCAA Football thread so much, and Spring Training is here!

Go Oakland Athletics! Oakland A's are the Giants of 2011-2012 (overstatement). Let's do it! Finally some great pitching and slightly above average bats in Oakland. WIN THE AL WEST FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE.

Feb 27, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #3 of 89
15-7 A's! Nice to see some serious O finally. Pitching will warm up. I was surprised that the Giants lost too.. They had a 3-0 lead for a long time.

Feb 28, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #4 of 89
You must be too early?

I like the Red Sox to win the East. I haven't gotten around to following it all enough to pick the rest. I like the Brewers in the NL Central. Philly in the East. Gotta go Giants in the West.

I'm making a mental note to come back to this thread in about 3 weeks.

Feb 28, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #5 of 89
I was just excited that spring training snuck up on me. A's lost a close one to the Angels today. Giants will probably repeat in the West. I agree with the Brewers too. Not sure about anything on the East coast yet... I never am.

Mar 1, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #6 of 89
My Cardinals continue to fall apart at the seams. Their ace goes down for the year, half the team is held together with athletic tape and pipe cleaners. LaRussa will have to pull another Albert out of the hat for a chance.

Mar 30, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #13 of 89
Tomorrow it's for real.

A Cardinal fan in Cincinnati will be fun this year. I think the Reds have a better bullpen and a better infield. I've always liked the Reds since Pete Rose came on the scene. The Big Red Machine had some of the best teams in my era.

Mar 30, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #14 of 89
I think the Phillies are gonna be verrrry solid.

Rays are looking awesome too.

I'm a bit disappointed in the A's spring training. I know it's "just spring training" but they did way below what I expected. I suppose it could be because they are a pretty pitching-oriented team, and in spring training, offense is where it's at. A lot of pitchers aren't throwing 100% yet (in most cases.... (I'm also rationalizing my beloved A's sweep by  the Giants( And looking for a way to justify to everyone I know (Giants fans) that oakland wont be AWFUL this year (Not the best, just not AWFUL))))

Mar 30, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #15 of 89
What channels do you all watch it on? In England we use to have it on a terrestrial channel a couple of years ago until it got pulled. Is ESPN worth subscribing to?

I enjoyed Hunt For October. Because of the time difference a live game could go on until 5am, especially if the teams were even at the bottom of the ninth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back