Mjolnir / Gungnir Stack - Need help eliminating ground loop / power noise!
Jan 25, 2016 at 10:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

InsanityOne

500+ Head-Fier
Hello Head-fi'ers,

I am the proud new owner of a complete Schiit stack. I am running my Desktop PC as a source ---> Wyrd ---> Gungnir USB Gen 2. ---> Mjolnir. My interconnect / power cables are as follows: (2x) 1m LH Labs 1G USB, Schiit PYST XLR , and the power cables are stock. I am currently using my balanced Beyerdynamic T5p headphones.

My problem is this, even at 0% volume (volume knob all the way down in the "off" position) I am getting a considerable amount of hiss / feedback from the Mjolnir at all times. I have never had this problem with any of my previous audio gear before (using the same source), so I find it quite odd. I have heard that the Mjolnir is very sensitive to power interference, but I didn't think it would be this sensitive.

So my question to you all is, what types of power cables / conditioners / regens / devices should I be looking into buying so that no matter where I take my audio gear (I move a lot) that I will not have to worry about power related noise and interference? My budget would be a MAX of $1000 but the lower the better.

I was actually considering this Furman ELITE15i but will something like this really give the Mjolnir that pitch black background and eliminate all power noise?

Thanks!

- InsanityOne :dt880smile:  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back