Mixing with the oppo pm-3 opinions
Nov 5, 2016 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Head-Fier
Hello fellow head-fi'ers

I'm going to be purchasing the oppo pm-3 headphones along with the sonarworks headphone calibration plugin and the waves nx virtual mix room plugin. I would first like to state that i do own studio monitors, the jbl lsr305s and the matching subwoofer that i have been mixing with for a few months now.

However because my room is not treated and because i will soon be living in a college room dorm i will not be able to mix on them due to a small space and noise issues. So i have decided to move to headphones for my mixing.

I would like to know your opinions on the oppo pm-3 as a mixing tool for music production and as a general listening can and replacement for speakers. Do note that many producers today successfully mix on headphones and create amazing music with all different kinds of headphones so good music can be made on headphones.

I'm also considering the hd650s and the fiio k5 as a side headphone for desk listening and mixing but the oppo come first because they are portable and said to be more neutral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back