Mixing/tracking light-weight closed back Headphones?
Aug 23, 2019 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Anna123

New Head-Fier
I am in need of headphones with as flat a frequency response as possible in my price range. It will be partially for mixing, although it would be a suppliment to speakers, and also for tracking. They need to be closed back because of that and I do not have a headphone amp.

I am a petite female that wears glasses and finds a number of headphones either just too big for my head where they hit my Jaw when I sing, or to tight for my glasses. Cost is not an issue if there is a clear major difference in quality between something around $250 (or less) and anything up to $500. If it is pretty close, I would prefer to stick around or under $250.

So this is a new world for me here, what a cool web site!

Aug 23, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #2 of 2
The NAD HP50 comes to mind on several counts, but I am not sure about fit due to your head size/ear/glasses situation. It is possible, however, that it could be a good fit for you. Quite neutral. Best if you could find an NAD dealer in the Tampa Bay area and try them on. If not, amazon does have a fairly liberal return policy, as you no doubt know. Just my take and YMMV, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back