Mixer / Receiver / Source recommendations
Jun 20, 2016 at 8:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

volted

Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm looking for something to take inputs from my TV, some music equipment (RCA) and some other bits and bobs and then provide outputs to my headphone amp's input and some monitors. Ideally it would also be a bluetooth/network receiver, and maybe HDMI too. I'm hoping I can connect all sources to this and then switch outputs between headphone amp and speakers. The speakers are self-powered so I don't need the device to be an amp also. The more inputs and outputs the better.

My budget is around £500, the speakers are BX5-carbons and BX Sub and the amp is a WA3

I'm totally lost!

Jun 20, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #2 of 5
Hi all,

I'm looking for something to take inputs from my TV, some music equipment (RCA) and some other bits and bobs and then provide outputs to my headphone amp's input and some monitors. Ideally it would also be a bluetooth/network receiver, and maybe HDMI too. I'm hoping I can connect all sources to this and then switch outputs between headphone amp and speakers. The speakers are self-powered so I don't need the device to be an amp also. The more inputs and outputs the better.

My budget is around £500, the speakers are BX5-carbons and BX Sub and the amp is a WA3

I'm totally lost!
Sounds like what you want is a preamp . There are many different ones out there that can handle multiple inputs and outputs. Just saw Bluetooth maybe a AVR controller could do it also. Most are network enabled and the newer one might do Bluetooth also.

Jun 20, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks, will they also have built-in bluetooth etc? Got a link to an example product so I can get a feel for whats out there?

Jun 20, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #4 of 5
Go to Crutchfield.com and look around don't have time myself right now.

Jun 21, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #5 of 5
  Hi all,
I'm totally lost!

I guess technically what your looking for is a pre-amp.

Maybe buy a used A/V receiver, that come with pre-outs, should be cheaper then getting a Pre-amp.
As you would not care about the quality of the amplifiers used in the receiver, you should be able to use a very cheaply priced used A/V receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back