Mixamp for Sennheiser game one headphones
Feb 17, 2017 at 5:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

samuelfox97

New Head-Fier
Hello I'm new and I just purchased a pair of sennheiser game ones for my PS4. I am looking to get a nice mixamp for these game ones and my PS4. I don't really know what's the best out there but I want something that I can adjust the settings and have better soundstage and sound quality out of these cans. Also I have noticed they are too quiet
For me when playing games even with the volume at max. Any suggestions for a mixamp would be awesome thanks

Feb 17, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #2 of 4
I use a MixAmp Pro 2013...no complaints...however a Mixamp isnt going to improve a given headphones soundstage substantially.You will get the 7.1 surround,but soundstage,esp at the price point of a gaming amp isnt going to impact the stage in a dramatic manner.

If you want better soundstage,get a different headphone(not a gaming headset)+mic+mixamp.

Feb 17, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #3 of 4
I use a MixAmp Pro 2013...no complaints...however a Mixamp isnt going to improve a given headphones soundstage substantially.You will get the 7.1 surround,but soundstage,esp at the price point of a gaming amp isnt going to impact the stage in a dramatic manner.

If you want better soundstage,get a different headphone(not a gaming headset)+mic+mixamp.

Well the soundstage for these are pretty good for me in my opinion. They just aren't loud enough. That's my only complaint. And I want to be able to make them louder and I thought a mixamp would do it. Or a combo of both a DAC+amp I wouldn't mind either. Also I don't really care about surround sound because I play rainbow six siege and using surround sound in this game will only distort the sounds and makes it even harder to detect enemy footsteps

Feb 17, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #4 of 4
Well the soundstage for these are pretty good for me in my opinion. They just aren't loud enough. That's my only complaint. And I want to be able to make them louder and I thought a mixamp would do it. Or a combo of both a DAC+amp I wouldn't mind either. Also I don't really care about surround sound because I play rainbow six siege and using surround sound in this game will only distort the sounds and makes it even harder to detect enemy footsteps

IDK,I dont play that game,but I do play a lot of Destiny,which has a lot of PvP to it,and the 7.1 def helps me hear if an enemy is coming from front right or rear right,etc....I guess if your game is only a stereo game then yeah it wouldnt help too much...not sure if you can turn off the surround on it or not,as Ive never had the need to.

FWIW,my Mixamp Pro 2013 drove my old HD600s to ear splitting volumes,as it does to my current gaming headphone,Fidelio X1.I dont know much bout your gaming rig,but the Senns are 300 ohms and 97db sensitivity.

EDIT: If you want a stereo amp,a Schiit Magni 2($99.00) will drive those good enough,however I have no idea of how to connect it to a PS4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back