MiuAudio IH Really small portable vacuum headphone amplifier
Aug 10, 2011 at 12:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

miu6

Sponsor: Miu Audio

“It may be the smallest vacuum tube headphone amplifier in the market".

By using one piece of Philips JAN 6111WA vacuum tube, with selectable sound field effect, iH is perfect to drive any headphone with impedance from 32 to 300 Ohms. High accuracy components used in iH is the main reason why it can out-perform most of the same products in the market. Rechargeable battery can provide 6 hours non-stop entertainment after fully recharge. Prestigious casing using high grade 7075 aluminum, carefully craft to shape by CNC, and special treatment on the surface.

iH, MR2 and iPhone4.

Philips JAN 6111WA vacuum tube, inside

Mini size.
Physical Dimensions: 58W x 85L x 23H

Prestigious casing using high grade 7075 aluminum, carefully craft to shape by CNC, and special treatment on the surface. 

Specifications:
- Vacuum Tube: Philips JAN6111WA Max Input lvl: +18 dBV
- Input Impedence: 10K Ohms unbalanced
- Frequency Response: 25Hz - 150kHz (+/- 3dB)
- Output Power:

388 mW/side, THD+N:0.1% (@16 Ohms);
  102 mW/side, THD+N:0.1% (@300 Ohms);

- Max Gain: 20 dB/channel;
- Input: Audio in 3.5mm jack (left/right) x 1;
- Output: Headphone out 3.5mm jack (stereo) x 1;
- Physical Dimensions: 58W x 85L x 23H

Retail Price:US440.

Aug 10, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #3 of 8
It's finally out! I wonder if I will try this one....

Aug 11, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
By using one piece of Philips JAN 6111WA vacuum tube, with selectable sound field effect...

Physical Dimensions: 58W x 85L x 23H

Prestigious casing using high grade 7075 aluminum, carefully craft to shape by CNC, and special treatment on the surface. 

Specifications:
- Vacuum Tube: Philips JAN6111WA Max Input lvl: +18 dBV
- Input Impedence: 10K Ohms unbalanced
- Frequency Response: 25Hz - 150kHz (+/- 3dB)
- Output Power:

388 mW/side, THD+N:0.1% (@16 Ohms);
  102 mW/side, THD+N:0.1% (@300 Ohms);

- Max Gain: 20 dB/channel;
- Input: Audio in 3.5mm jack (left/right) x 1;
- Output: Headphone out 3.5mm jack (stereo) x 1;
- Physical Dimensions: 58W x 85L x 23H

Retail Price:US440.

1. Looks like a 2500ma Li-Poly flat cell battery? Appears to be one or more ports on the backside not pictured, from which the battery can be recharged using what type of connection/charger???

2. All of the info has been duplicated from your site:
http://www.miu-tech.com/headamp.html
except the price is *new*. Wonder why you could not just answer the questions being asked in the prior thread...which you conveniently have posted to, today, but 'forgot' to link to on HF in this thread you have started:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/560507/a-portable-tube-amp

Quote:
Yeah, I saw this. I was going buy it...like, right now in my ambien haze, but their storefront is...ebay...and they don't even have any products listed.  :frowning2:

3. Call me a cynic, but does anyone else see the 'coincidence' in this thread posting, coming right after Jaben representative/GoVibe announces their give away & loaner examples of their own portable tube amp on HF?

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/565928/we-re-loaning-and-giving-away-a-go-vibe-porta-tube-amp

4. If you really want to impress us, set up a loaner program ASAP, so that many of the people who are going to get the Govibe 'porta tube' amp, could compare yours with the GV Porta Tube, side-by-side!

True competition is great, yes and your competitor is giving away a GV Porta Tube amp...what is your response to that?

5. Miutech is to be commended for publishing some of the specifications of the amp, much better than what Govibe has done so far. However, the GV 'porta tube' looks to be the superior performer, if slightly larger in size and more costly @$630; if as they claim, it can make an AKG K-1000 "sing"...

6. unlike the iBasso PB2 & RSA SR71B, neither GV or Miutech is providing a 'balanced' output port option. The iBasso PBW cost less, while being a SS amp, does provide balanced output, as well as published spec of up to 2500mw output (total, both channels driven) which far surpasses the Miutech tube amp.

Jul 10, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #8 of 8
Has anyone tried this?

It seems to have been on the market for a while...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back