mitchb is ripping me off for $440
Sep 3, 2008 at 8:19 AM Post #136 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You'vegot to know there are a perfectly clean functioning pair of Denon
D5000 headphones coming to you. This isn't a Paypal echeck waiting to clear it's a package. You are getting a good set of phones. You have to know this. If I sent you magasines I wouldn't be persistent on the subject. I'd just not post anything. My posting is confirmation of the fact I shipped you exactly as I promised. This time both sides work. I hope you enjoy them. A scammer would have shut up two days ago!!

I don't think too many people here just wrote you off as a scammer, more of a flake. Assuming the d5000 he gets checks out, it still took about a month for him to get it and he had to go through ALOT. So though you don't come off as a scammer the amount of time it took for you to make things right doesn't exactly exude confidence.

Sep 3, 2008 at 3:23 PM Post #137 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I sent you magasines I wouldn't be persistent on the subject.

Maybe I watch The Closer too much, but that's the second time you mentioned the package containing magazines instead of headphones, yet Jack never said anything about that.

Your credibility is zero until Jack posts here and claims that he is satisfied. There is nothing that you can say to change that. Check back next Wednesday.

Sep 3, 2008 at 3:25 PM Post #138 of 160
What has me freaked out (and I very much doubt that I am alone in this) is the whole Dr Jekyll / Mr Hyde thing.
One post he can't spell and is all psycho, the next his spelling is fine and he is a perfect gentleman. Weird.

Sep 4, 2008 at 2:21 PM Post #141 of 160
I just hope that he didn't pull a Nikongod before sending the cans.
biggrin.gif

Sep 4, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #142 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by orkney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel like starting a "jjhatfield D5000 fund"

Way ahead of you orkney.
wink.gif

Sep 11, 2008 at 8:00 AM Post #143 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjhatfield /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks all for your continued support.

More good news tonight: Mitch has provided me with a working tracking number and several scans of a UPS Waybill containing that number. The package will arrive here in about a week.

If the package does indeed contain a pair of working Denon D5000s, then I'll gladly update Mitch's feedback thread with the positive news, and be happy to be through with this whole mess.

Hi Jack,
Did the phones arrive well. Assuming there are no issues with the phones as
I haven't heard from you and paypal guaranteed today's date. If or when your happy with the phones could you get the dogs at paypal off me. If you claim all is well I may get my paypal back. If they arrived Ok and I packed them to arrive anywhere safe, could you just reply to paypal Thanks and enjoy the phones.
Mitch

Sep 11, 2008 at 11:35 PM Post #144 of 160
Great news! I have received the D5000 and have spent several hours testing and listening to them. They work perfectly, even when cranked to "blow one's fool head" volume. The headphones are in the exact condition originally described to me by Mitch when I sent payment for them. I've cancelled my Paypal dispute, and I can't tell you how pleased I am that this whole mess is over.

I'd really like to thank everyone who came together to help me recoup my loss. I've refunded the donations that I have been allowed to refund. For those who refuse to take any money back
icon10.gif
, I'll be donating your contributions to a charity of my choosing. No, not the "Human Fund".
wink.gif

While I experienced a lot of anger and frustration in the past month and a half or so, the way certain members of the community pulled together to help me out gave me a strong sense of connection that far outweighed any negativity I experienced. I am truly touched by the generosity and kindness that has been shown to me by n_maher, tyrion, and everyone else who helped out, whether financially or with helpful advice and encouragement.

Sep 12, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #146 of 160
That's wonderful news, indeed. Sad that you had to go through this but sounds like you got something better than a nice set of cans out of this. The collective headphone community standing with you, helping you with support and advice, taking up your battle cry and even supporting you financially. Now there's something you will always have, even should you sell the headphones.

I'm happy for you that it all turned out so well.

Sep 12, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #147 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimless1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's wonderful news, indeed. Sad that you had to go through this but sounds like you got something better than a nice set of cans out of this. The collective headphone community standing with you, helping you with support and advice, taking up your battle cry and even supporting you financially. Now there's something you will always have, even should you sell the headphones.

I'm happy for you that it all turned out so well.

Aimless1 couldn't have put it more better. Seeing the community put together is something special. I'm happy for you Jack and I hope they bring you many hours of listening enjoyment.
beerchug.gif

Sep 12, 2008 at 5:48 AM Post #150 of 160
wow, this thread is truly a testament to the quality of character of people on this forum. I've always felt that everyone here is so warm and helpful and now i have read an example of fiers donating to other fiers.

This make me happy to be a budding audiophile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back