mitchb is ripping me off for $440
Sep 2, 2008 at 2:29 PM Post #121 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are Denon repair centers that you can just walk into locally, and they'll repair your headphones. They have the headphone repair guy just hanging out working there? I'm having a hard time believing this. Be careful, Jack. I know something is better than nothing, but I'd take cash only at this point.

I agree. At this point I would only accept a full refund. Who knows if they will work properly or worse yet he may have done something gross to them. The guy clearly has major issues, don't put anything past him.

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #122 of 160
Yep, no more delay or chance for any excuses (eg. 'Denon guy' hasn't finished repairing it yet, I already sent you the headphones but too bad it's lost? etc...)
Just a straight, full refund to your account - end of story. Actually interest for the full amount of money should be included as well.

Sep 2, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #123 of 160
I don't know if I'll laugh or cry if it turns out that there are Bose drivers in the headphones after all.
wink.gif

Sep 2, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #124 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if I'll laugh or cry if it turns out that there are Bose drivers in the headphones after all.
wink.gif

i wouldnt laugh or cry, at all.

Sep 2, 2008 at 7:22 PM Post #125 of 160
This thread is like watching a soap opera. Let's hope it has a happy ending after this episode, but somehow I doubt it.

popcorn.gif

Sep 2, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #126 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread is like watching a soap opera. Let's hope it has a happy ending after this episode, but somehow I doubt it.

popcorn.gif

Hahaha! Good one, it is a saga but entertaining at that
tongue.gif

However, jhatfield, I would be very cautious about accepting goods of mitch now. He seems like he has a couple of nuts and bolts missing, never mind screws, has concerning changes in both mood and clarity of communique and his logic and general sensibility seems very eschewed at present. I'm not saying he's evil or anything, but he clearly has major problems goin on at present. He seems scattered and troubled. I dont think he's reliable, to say the least, nor to be trusted. I would take the money and run.

Sep 2, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #127 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

popcorn.gif

Some of us are working to make sure there's at least something approximating a happy ending to this regardless of what mitch does.
wink.gif

Sep 2, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #128 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just read this post for the first time today believe it or not. Jack , I owe you an apology for all this and more so I owe you $440 or a pair of Denons which I now have. I truly am sorry I have behaved inappropriately in this matter and paying Jack his $440 is my first priority until the check is cashed and all is as it should be,. It looks like I won't be selling stereo gear much in the future but I have never been a scammer and I would hope to think that my feedback here and elsewhere would indicate that,. I will pay Jack ASAP. I'm not going to wait for paypal which is my problem not Jack's and I should have realized that sooner. To all who have posted I just have to say I admit to my inappropriate approach to this issue and Jack will be paid quickly regardless Paypal.
Once again I am sorry.
Mitch

Okay now I'm confused. You said that this is the first time you read this "post"? I'm guessing you mean thread as I don't know what post you are referring to? I saw that you responded to this thread a bunch of times. Seriously it seems like you have two personalities or something.
From the post above to your previous post in quotes below it seems like it is two different people.

Jack, as boomana mentioned I would take the cash as well. Something isn't clicking on all cylinders if you know what I mean. I really hopes this works out for you Jack, I really do.

Here is your previous post in this thread:
Quote:

I thought i
'd post a little correspondance to see if it helps clear trhibngs up. I'll breakit down quickly. I never had thecintwention to steal jacks money. If anything in order to avoid later agrevation and in all fairness I let
jack know that the headphones i
had for him were broken. It seemed the only thing to do, I had finally got tge $440 into my paypal balance to refunfd jack but before i could reund he has paypal freeze the funds. Had he not opened a paypal claim he would ghave been paid in full months ago. What has happened is that every time I try to refunf]=d jack paypal attemps the fyunds from the one funding source without funds. I at one point had thefull $440 to pay Jack in my Paypalbalance but instead of paypal paying jack from my balance which was positive $443 or so they attempthe funds from my bank account which at the time did not have enough funds to cover it. I have been trying to pay Jack back spending virtually hiours on paypal butat the end of the day Payoplal claims they dion't know what to do. My account is frozen so I cannot pay jack via paypal. Funs are not allowed into my paypal account and funds are not allowed out of my account. I've tried everythi g even trying to pay myself $500 in the hopes it would give my paypal account tghe appropriate funds but my account will not accept fund and it will not allow me to send funds. This riollercoaster ride has cost me a lot more than $440 but it;'s a catch 22 where my account is good when I pay Jack but I can'tp ay Jack until my account is good. I have no idea what to do. Sure I can write jack a chec k but then my paypalaccount wikl be frozen forever. I must paay Jack with paypal in order to be able to have my account back,. I havenot forgotten Jacks $40 on the contrary I've sopent day tryi g to figure out how to get funds into my account so i can pay Jack. At this point paypal has my account status keeping funds from entering or leasving my account so I am at a total standstill. This is the first I'm posting on this issue because I didn'rt want to read this post I've just read. I am not a scammer. My oprevious and prior feedback on all forums shows I've dealt with people in a proffesional and polite way and everyone has been happy with there transactions. This isa paypal issue where paypal has locked the use of my account making it imopossible to sdo anything at all with. iI emailed paypal 4 times to use the fundingsource of their choice to please take the funds so I can complete thetransaction. No reply. If I had $40 in my paypal account I would not be a loud to touch it. Basicallywhen Jack opened the claim he put my paypal account in a state of total freeze. I cant do anything with paypal. I'm stuck. I truly do not know how to pay Jack his$440 with paypasl. IfI gave jack a check he would be covered but zi would styill not have access to my account. Accordi nng to paypal I must refund the transaction through Paypal in order to straighten out my account but paypal won't a;llow me to do anything. I really am screwed with thisone. Any help would be highly appreciated. I posted a PM which I thought might be helpful to explain what's going on. I have not forgotte n Jack Believe me!!

Sep 2, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #129 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by riceboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay now I'm confused. You said that this is the first time you read this "post"? I'm guessing you mean thread as I don't know what post you are referring to? I saw that you responded to this thread a bunch of times. Seriously it seems like you have two personalities or something.
From the post above to your previous post in quotes below it seems like it is two different people.

Jack, as boomana mentioned I would take the cash as well. Something isn't clicking on all cylinders if you know what I mean. I really hopes this works out for you Jack, I really do.

Here is your previous post in this thread:

Mitch, I echo riceboy's sentiments here. I also don't know to what 'post' you are referring to there? Surely not the thread, cause as riceboy says, you have already posted in it a few times! I think its apparent you're not fully on this planet at present and you need help. I think you should just do the honorable thing dude and pay Jack the money you owe him asap and then seek aid and get yourself straightened out. He's been unbelievably patient with you, giving you many chances to redeem yourself and has dealt with you very kindly and tactfully, which is a great credit to him. You need to repay him in more ways than one and get that money back to the guy. Come on man. You ******* up. But mistakes are there to be positively learnt from. Pay him back and get this monkey off your back so you can address whatever else is aschew in your life atm.

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #130 of 160
I feel like starting a "jjhatfield D5000 fund" that will raise the funds to buy these Denons irrespective of mitchb's actions. Then, should the 440.00 ever materialize, it could be forwarded to a worthy cause. Let's see, at 10.00 per member, we could do it in an evening, I bet. I'm in. What think you all?

best,

o

Sep 3, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #131 of 160
Jack, just get your money back if you can.

It appeared as though people were passing up refunds in other cases when scammers kept promising equipment that never came.

It would be a really foolish and risky move to string this out further instead of just getting a refund.

Sep 3, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #132 of 160
Thanks all for your continued support.

More good news tonight: Mitch has provided me with a working tracking number and several scans of a UPS Waybill containing that number. The package will arrive here in about a week.

If the package does indeed contain a pair of working Denon D5000s, then I'll gladly update Mitch's feedback thread with the positive news, and be happy to be through with this whole mess.

Sep 3, 2008 at 3:02 AM Post #134 of 160
The headphones are clean, work perfectly well are just burnt in and they sound good. I packed them in their original box with twist ties as they came new and when I finished by putting all the original paperwork on top I closed the original box and repacked that box in another quite a bit bigger box as to protect both original box and the headphones enclosed. The only way these look different than a brand new pair is I rubbed of the ink once I resigned myself to the fact that the smudgy non permanent ink on the phones looked ugly partly worn and I would be better to just take a Kleenex and rub off the ink completely. Jack will love these phones and I wish I did this a month and a half ago. They've been shipped and I wish Jack would believe he getting the real deal.
I hate to admit it people but I'm not smart enough to get away with scamming people. My feedback around 500 less two negatives with this one in the count there was one other where the young student was obviously just green. I in fact treated him as I would anyone and I'm not ashamed of how I handled that situation. I''m more insulted how people made their minds up right away that I had to be in the wrong. Jack, if you haven't already and you'vie got some time I'd love your opinion of that kids feedback. You can publicly let me know what you think as I don't believe I have anything to hide.
Next Wednesday for the phones Jack. They have till the end of the working day.
Once again I'm terribly sorry for not treating this situation more like a man and instead of hiding by not surfing headfi I should have taken care of Jack first and then I would have had no reason to hide away from headfi. I hope when your listening to some smooth music late at night some time you'll think of anything positive in this whole scenario. If nothing else the Denon D5000 headphones.
Enjoy. To all the skeptics who think I've sent magazines instead of headphones ask Jack next Wednesday how the phones are.

Sep 3, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #135 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjhatfield /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks all for your continued support.

More good news tonight: Mitch has provided me with a working tracking number and several scans of a UPS Waybill containing that number. The package will arrive here in about a week.

If the package does indeed contain a pair of working Denon D5000s, then I'll gladly update Mitch's feedback thread with the positive news, and be happy to be through with this whole mess.

You'vegot to know there are a perfectly clean functioning pair of Denon
D5000 headphones coming to you. This isn't a Paypal echeck waiting to clear it's a package. You are getting a good set of phones. You have to know this. If I sent you magasines I wouldn't be persistent on the subject. I'd just not post anything. My posting is confirmation of the fact I shipped you exactly as I promised. This time both sides work. I hope you enjoy them. A scammer would have shut up two days ago!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back