mistake
Apr 7, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #61 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by fivefanband
Push-Pops are the only sucker that you can put them back in your pocket, so props for that.

i liked the push-pop, until my finger got sticky from touching the inside tube...
chupa chups... i got so frustrated with that itty bitty piece in the tip of the stick...

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:17 AM Post #63 of 128
All this digression has been fun, but I think we need to return to the main topic.

Oh yeah.

I like bomb pops, except they make your tongue blue.

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:25 AM Post #64 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy
I like Cadburys flake in Mr Whippy Soft ice cream in a cone with strawberry sauce squirted on top Mmmmmmmmmmm yummy!

I miss that most of all being in the US, well, apart from real fish 'n'chips.

Why do the Brits call french fries "chips"? They don't have a chip like shape. You have some strange potato dish names, but i kinda like "bubble and squeek"!

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:28 AM Post #65 of 128
Speeking of Brittish foods. I'd kill for some Yorkshire pudding right now. Or batter pudding as it's known in Ipswitch. But i like butter on mine instead of gravey. What can i say, i'm a yank.

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #66 of 128
whats the difference between a "chip" and a "crisp". I noticed my white cheddar pringles were technically called crisps. I was a bit dishearted at first but then that delicious cheezy goodness brought a wonderful, cholesterol drenched coating of delight over my heart and all was right and good with the world.

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:32 AM Post #68 of 128
Nothing like bangers and mash with a room-temp Guiness.
tongue.gif

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:32 AM Post #69 of 128
Crisps should not be called chips, as they are even less like chips than chips(fries) are. and crisps are, as the british name convays, crisp. Whereas chips(fries) are not.

Also on the subject of differing vocabulary:

Why Aluminum? The element is called Aluminium. With an I.
And american beer? What makes it worthy of being called beer? (by that i refer to your millers and your buds, not the lovely real american beers, a few of which i have been lucky enough to sample.)

And sidewalk, you don't walk sideways on it. To what does the term "pavement" refer in the US?

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:33 AM Post #70 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by creyc
whats the difference between a "chip" and a "crisp". I noticed my white cheddar pringles were technically called crisps. I was a bit dishearted at first but then that delicious cheezy goodness brought a wonderful, cholesterol drenched coating of delight over my heart and all was right and good with the world.

Crisp i can understand. They're crispy. But chip escapes me. So does calling a cookie a bisquit.

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #71 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
Crisps should not be called chips, as they are even less like chips than chips(fries) are. and crisps are, as the british name convays, crisp. Whereas chips(fries) are not.

Also on the subject of differing vocabulary:

Why Aluminum? The element is called Aluminium. With an I.
And american beer? What makes it worthy of being called beer? (by that i refer to your millers and your buds, not the lovely real american beers, a few of which i have been lucky enough to sample.)

And sidewalk, you don't walk sideways on it. To what does the term "pavement" refer in the US?

You got me on the sidewalk thing! Pavement is the black patroleum based product we use for highways also known as asphalt.

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:38 AM Post #72 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61
Duggeh, Is scottish food much different from Brittish, besides haggis that is?

British is spelled with 1 T, for future reference (and yes, I know im about the least worthy person here to be correctin gspelling or typing)

To answer your question:

Scottish food is part of British food, as is Welsh food, English food, Northern Irish food, Channel Island food or Falkland Island food. So for that matter is almost anythign that is generally considered to be "Indian" or "Turkish" (long live the empire eh?)

A few choice examples of culinary delights originating from Scotland include of course the mighty and famous Haggis, but extend also to the magestic delicacy of such dishes as Deep fried Mars bars, white pudding, red pudding and the homeless roll.

Some other more genuine treats would be:

,......,....,......... ill get back to you.

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #74 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61
Crisp i can understand. They're crispy. But chip escapes me. So does calling a cookie a bisquit.

Cookies are a type of biscuit. depending on how they are made and baked, a biscuit can be many things.

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:42 AM Post #75 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
British is spelled with 1 T, for future reference (and yes, I know im about the least worthy person here to be correctin gspelling or typing)

To answer your question:

Scottish food is part of British food, as is Welsh food, English food, Northern Irish food, Channel Island food or Falkland Island food. So for that matter is almost anythign that is generally considered to be "Indian" or "Turkish" (long live the empire eh?)

A few choice examples of culinary delights originating from Scotland include of course the mighty and famous Haggis, but extend also to the magestic delicacy of such dishes as Deep fried Mars bars, white pudding, red pudding and the homeless roll.

Some other more genuine treats would be:

,......,....,......... ill get back to you.

Thanks for the correction. I never mind it when people correct my spelling. So would you refer to American food as british? This was once a British colony. I won't mention that we won the war. Oops i mentioned it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back