Missing Senn HD650, Denon Ah-D5000 arrived
May 22, 2009 at 5:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

GaryJW

New Head-Fier
Now I am happy again, my HD-650 are in for warranty repair (more about that later), but my Denon D5000's have arrived. They are very musical and very enjoyable (been using my Senn HD-380's (competent, but a little 'dead') or my AKG-K701s (which I am am going to have to sell - I just cannot get to like them)).

I wanted a decent pair of closed headphones to allow me to listen when others are trying to sleep and I think that the Denons are it. The don't isolate quite as much as the HD-380s, but hopefully enough and do they sound much, much better.

As for the HD-650s, I must give Sennheiser an accolade; I noticed that the left/right balance had shifted and on inspection found that the left hand driver's hemispherical centre had collapsed (no idea how - I am 100% sure that this was not done by myself - never been near the thing). less than two years old, but I could not find any paperwork at all, so I was thinking that with the nature of the fault and missing paperwork that I was going to have a battle. Not at all, after a quick email exchange (where I forwarded the email invoice from when I brought them online and detailed the nauture of the fault), no trouble; I was told to send them in for warranty repair. Makes me feel better about my wish to extend to a pair of HD-800's someday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back