Missing Kef Q55 piece
Dec 25, 2005 at 5:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

narticus

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know where I could obtain the two gold-plated pieces seen in this picure?:
aw443996-3.jpg

That image is from this website: http://laurtiz.com/Item/Item.aspx?La...443996&nBids=5
though i don't believe it's possible to order just that piece.

Does anyone know what that part is called?

I have two for one speaker, but none for the other. And the speaker cable doesn't seem to work without it. I'm using M Series MCX-2s.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dec 25, 2005 at 8:13 AM Post #2 of 8
You can use a piece of wire in the meantime.

Dec 25, 2005 at 10:03 AM Post #3 of 8
Aren't those golden plates meant to help you switch from bi-wiring to regular standard wiring? Maybe you should contact the manufacturer of that speaker if you know the brand?

Dec 25, 2005 at 11:07 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by geforcewong
Aren't those golden plates meant to help you switch from bi-wiring to regular standard wiring? Maybe you should contact the manufacturer of that speaker if you know the brand?

Yes. And because they are flat you can easily rig one up yourself.

Dec 25, 2005 at 5:44 PM Post #5 of 8
The work around is to simply strip the end of your speaker cable so that it is long enough to connect to both binding posts (obviously both red, not one red and one black, etc.). That is actually a better quality solution than using those gold binding posts. Next option which is better is to simply run a second set of speaker cable to the other terminal - best sound that way.

Dec 27, 2005 at 1:02 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by narticus
So, i'm planning on going to Radioshack, do you think they'll have jumper cables?

Seriously, unless your speaker cable has NO slack, simply extend the stripped section so the bare copper is long enough to connect to both terminals, and shazam, a working speaker.

It's the best quality solution, relative to jumper cables. I'm not sure if radioshack have jumper cables, but if not, again, you can just use ordinary speaker cable to connect the two terminals. Their speaker cable is hardly high quality, but it will certainly work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back