Missing $500 package..
Oct 11, 2008 at 9:07 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Be demanding and dont let anyone dismiss you with half assed answers.

That's something that I normally wouldn't allow, but they called me at 10am while I was in class so I had to cut the conversation short (didn't want to miss the lecture) =\ The manager got off easy that time! ..and the second time too I suppose.

@Dan, is there a fee for having the AG assist me?

Oct 11, 2008 at 11:39 AM Post #17 of 21
Be persistent and you will prevail.

Recently I ordered a $300 Wacom Tablet from Amazon. I put the shipping box aside without opening it for several weeks after receipt, saving it for a rainy day.

When I finally opened the box, I found that, somewhere along the way, someone had taken the time to break into the box, steal the contents, and replace them with junk items nearly matching the weight and size of those contents.

I was past Amazon's return or exchange window, but they made good on it, thankfully. Amazon is amazing.

Circuit City, on the other hand, is about as low as it gets in the retailing world--I am confident that you will prevail.

Oct 11, 2008 at 2:44 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Linthicum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Be persistent and you will prevail.

Recently I ordered a $300 Wacom Tablet from Amazon. I put the shipping box aside without opening it for several weeks after receipt, saving it for a rainy day.

When I finally opened the box, I found that, somewhere along the way, someone had taken the time to break into the box, steal the contents, and replace them with junk items nearly matching the weight and size of those contents.

I was past Amazon's return or exchange window, but they made good on it, thankfully. Amazon is amazing.

Circuit City, on the other hand, is about as low as it gets in the retailing world--I am confident that you will prevail.

I always check package weight and open it immediately. Sometimes while the UPS guy is standing there.

I've had a camera stolen out of it packaging while in transit from UPS.

-Ed

Oct 11, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by david21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's something that I normally wouldn't allow, but they called me at 10am while I was in class so I had to cut the conversation short (didn't want to miss the lecture) =\ The manager got off easy that time! ..and the second time too I suppose.

@Dan, is there a fee for having the AG assist me?

There is no Fee this is what the AG is around for.

Oct 12, 2008 at 2:31 AM Post #20 of 21
Yea, Im hating brick and mortar stores more and more. They never have what im looking for, have terrible employees and terrible customer service. Newegg and amazon are just so much better in terms of customer support than CC and even BB. Ive had shipped things stolen from me before, but never this expensive. Lol if this were me, someone customer service person would have a very bad day...

Oct 12, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #21 of 21
circuit city is horrible. one by me. nothing but unpleasant experiences.

i purchased a framed print once - about $300. UPS or FedEx, can't remember, left it somewhere in or near my apartment building - "left at front door," whatever that means. it was stolen. the company refunded my money with no hassle. that's how things should work. otherwise, people will be reluctant to order anything semi-expensive online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back