Misplaced my ER-4P... ER-4 alternatives?
Aug 18, 2014 at 11:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

thammuz

100+ Head-Fier
Hello Head-fi,

It has been awhile since I've posted or really browsed the pages of the forum, so I am pretty "out of the loop" in terms of the newer headphones and IEMs... Anyways, between a move and a weeks worth of commuting on the train to D.C. I've misplaced my ER-Ps; which were another reason I didn't continue reading threads, since I was very happy with them. Their sound signature we perfect for me and the isolation was beyond awesome, the two things I would like to keep).

Anyways, I wouldn't like to drop near $300 for a new pair of ER-4Ps if I can get something almost identical for a fraction of the cost... But, also at that price point I was considering trying out the realm of customs. I have a pair of TF10s that I was toying around getting customized, sort of as a trial run since $100 from InEarz vs >$250 for an actual custom. Fortunately, I've been living off of my back-ups, a set of Sony XBA-3s. I do miss the neutrality and clarity of the ER-4Ps, though.

I mainly focus my listening on metal, classical, and punk; so I'' consider any suggestions that would be prefect for those three.

Aug 19, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #2 of 2
I like RE400 and I've read very good things about DBA02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back