Mirage Speaker Question
May 4, 2006 at 4:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

mikedennis

New Head-Fier
My bookshelf speakers died. They served me well (RIP).

I have a Mirage sub woofer (model PS 12-90) and would like to match new speakers with something 'compatable'. Front & rear. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

May 4, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #3 of 8
Just the subwoofer is Mirage. My old bookshelf speakers (that died) were Bose. They never sounded that great anyway. That's why I'd like to get something well 'matched' to the sub.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
mirage makes a lot of speakers, which ones are you using?

May 4, 2006 at 8:03 PM Post #5 of 8
Actually, I remember when these came out. I couldn't find anybody in town (Charlotte, NC) that sold them. I'd love to hear 'em. I can't even find anybody that sells them on the net.?

But from what I remember reading, they were pretty good sounding especially if you paired them with the Omnistat (sp ?) as rear speakers.

Any idea where I could find these babies? Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
have you looked into Mirage omni 60s?

those are nice bookshelf speakers under $600.

May 4, 2006 at 11:47 PM Post #6 of 8
not sure, ebay?

I think mirage is phasing out these and starting invest more time in the slim plasma type speakers, its a shame as none of their omni slim tower speakers come near the sound quality of the older models.

the omni 260s are great if you care to expand the budget.

They also have the OM speakers in the multi kilo buck range.

if you are on a budget, athena speakers sound nice for the money, and the midwoofer drivers are similar if not identical to the omni mid woofer drivers.

they just dont use omni technology.

Id say get the omni speakers, the full sized ones, none of that satelite or slim tower nonsense.

the speakers rely on reflected sound so it should be similar to your bose speakers but on a higher level of fidelity. Ive got them running on my home theater and the whole indirect omni sound with home theater creates a ery convincing illusion of real sound and a lot of it is reflected and dispersed widely into the listening area. They also create a very nice live sound with music.

May 4, 2006 at 11:58 PM Post #7 of 8
Upcoming Mirage OM series....

20064_mirage.jpg

Mirage is redesigning its website and will feature the new OM series then.

May 5, 2006 at 12:16 AM Post #8 of 8
I'm not really a fan of the Omni feature of their new speakers. It's great in that the sweet spot is very wide, but I find bouncing the sound everywhere tends to muddy the image and also makes them even more picky to place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back