Mint-tin alternatives!
Oct 15, 2007 at 3:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Logistics

500+ Head-Fier
I was going through my old URL's and I remember on one occasion I was searching for something cooler than your typical Altoids tin, but I never thought to mention anything about it... and, after searching, it doesn't appear anyone else ever has, either. Check it out:

http://www.specialtybottle.com/index...ROD&ProdID=410

Just one of the neat tins they have.

Oct 15, 2007 at 7:27 AM Post #3 of 10
I totally agree. Plus, using an Altoid tin is the whole change-what-it-was-originally-for thing. But I know many people like to use clear tops so they can see the insides... I hadn't seen that in a tin until this place came up.

Oct 16, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

it doesn't appear anyone else ever has, either

Two words:
Stash tins

random examples:

42233F.JPG

KSBBT5.jpg

yhst-38863434017617_1965_10096492

4a45_1_b.JPG

img_tins_AST168.jpg

Oct 16, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Two words:
Stash tins

Oh, yeah, THOSE won't get you a second glance going through airport security....
wink.gif

Michael

Oct 16, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #8 of 10
i just finished a alien dac into a stash tin for my mate so ill second that.

Oct 16, 2007 at 6:21 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by WiredMonk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you ever gotten stopped at airport security for a bunch of wires and switches coming out of an altoid tin?

i considered taking my cmoy with me when i visited family this past christmas, but i'm convinced that they would have confiscated and destroyed it. honestly, before i got into DIY electronics, i probably could have been convinced that it was a bomb, too.
tongue.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by WiredMonk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you ever gotten stopped at airport security for a bunch of wires and switches coming out of an altoid tin?

If you have a CMOY in an altoids tin, it'd probably be best not to carry it on, considering the LARGE amount of stories that have come from airport ******** the past few months. I would not recommend it.

Just search gizmodo and boingboing and you'll find a few horror stories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back