mint doesn't work properly.
Mar 17, 2004 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

PYROTAK

100+ Head-Fier
OK i have two problems.

ive made a mint using tangents site and the parts that he has recommended.

first of all it only works out of the left channel when i run it off dually 9volt batteries.

secondly, it works for like 5 seconds, and then it turns off.

then when i flip the switch off, and wait a bit, and flip it on again, then it works for a split second, and then it dies again.

i think 1, either my opamp is busted (which i hope its not) or the buffer on my right channel is blown.

is there any way to test for these possibilties? and im thinking the capacitor is not working properly, and that is why the sound keeps cutting out?

any help would be appreciated!

EDOT: both problems fixed, but now i got no bass in the right channel..... how do i fix that?

EDIT 2: all problems fixed.

Mar 17, 2004 at 11:40 PM Post #2 of 5
I've had the same problem with my CMoy where I'd only get sound from the left channel, I checked all the connections and made sure I didn't have any soldering bridges (no bridges) and then I figured out that it was a bad resistor. You may want to check your resistors and do the tests in tangent's cmoy guide and hopefully you can figure it out.

Mar 18, 2004 at 12:16 AM Post #5 of 5
ok i just stuck in fresh batteries. the sound is not intermittent anymore, but still no sound in the right channel!

EDIT: ok both channels work now, it turns out there was a cold solder on the opamp.

but for some reason, the right channel is still softer than the right.

im thinking its a resistor problem somewhere, don't know where yet.

any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back