Minor AV-710 issue
Sep 8, 2004 at 3:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Salt Peanuts

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm running AV-710 on Windows XP machine and ever since I've upgraded to SP2, I've had to disable, then enable the sound card every time I restarted to computer for it work. Is anyone else having a similar problem?

Oh, and I'm using 1.43d driver for the card.

Sep 8, 2004 at 7:18 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
I'm running AV-710 on Windows XP machine and ever since I've upgraded to SP2, I've had to disable, then enable the sound card every time I restarted to computer for it work. Is anyone else having a similar problem?

Oh, and I'm using 1.43d driver for the card.

I'm running SP2 on WinXP and the same 1.43d drivers and have only had a problem one time since downloading SP2--it happened on Monday morning first thing when I booted up--I got static from the card until I rebooted. Thought it was a fluke, but I didn't/don't need to manually enable the card. It runs now the first time upon each fresh boot. Maybe we need to get the Chaintech/Envy24 team(s) on top of the problem?

Sep 8, 2004 at 12:24 PM Post #3 of 7
Do you have the control panel set to load at boot? I have it disabled (15mb physical for that?
rolleyes.gif
) and the card doesn't initialise until the control panel is opened and closed once.

Sep 8, 2004 at 4:29 PM Post #4 of 7
if it helps, the onboard soundstorm on my post sp2 box suddenly disappeard also. The device still worked (I could select it from winamp), but the primary sound card driver was foobared (it said I didnt have a soundcard)

Sep 9, 2004 at 2:49 AM Post #6 of 7
No, I didn't reformat, though I really should have. It generally takes me a whole weekend to re-install everything, which is the reason I didn't do it. Maybe I will sometime in October when I don't have any more weddings to attend.

Sep 9, 2004 at 7:43 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
It generally takes me a whole weekend to re-install everything

I always have a fresh OS partition hidden at the end of the plate. So, if the OS is screwed up, I have a fresh one, minus the latest driver and the newest "have to be installed" Programs, in about 10 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back