Minneapolis February Mini-Meet Impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2015 at 6:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

NotaLefty

100+ Head-Fier
Moving the impressions for the meet over to this thread, which I believe is located in a more appropriate place. Thanks for coming everyone, it was fun.

Feb 21, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #4 of 20
It was great! Nice group and learnt a lot!

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #6 of 20
Big or small crowd; these events are always a good time.  Thanks for sharing your Saturdays everyone.  I think we should keep the other thread alive because it appeared like we were building up steam towards a much larger event in the near future.

BTW, iFi Audio is having a small contest if any of you would like to participate.  Check out the link below if you are interested.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/753978/ifi-audio-retro-stereo-50-discussion-thread

Feb 23, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #7 of 20
SOB!  I would have gone to this had I looked sooner.  I was even wanting to try on a pair of phones I saw on the list to see if they were comfortable.  :frowning2:

Feb 24, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #11 of 20
Which one?

ATH-M50.  I had just recently returned a set of Vmoda M100's because even with the XL pads, the pads were too small.  I've worn the m50's BRIEFLY before so I think they are ok on this point...

So I went ahead and placed an order off Amazon.  Should be here in a couple of days.  Crossing my fingers!

Feb 24, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #12 of 20

ATH-M50.  I had just recently returned a set of Vmoda M100's because even with the XL pads, the pads were too small.  I've worn the m50's BRIEFLY before so I think they are ok on this point...

So I went ahead and placed an order off Amazon.  Should be here in a couple of days.  Crossing my fingers!

Nobody brought an M50 (I think). I was thinking to bring mine but I didn't think anyone would want to check them out with all the other top tier headphones there. But they are pretty comfortable so you should be fine. I have slightly larger than average ears and have no issues with the comfort.  

Mar 11, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #13 of 20

Nobody brought an M50 (I think). I was thinking to bring mine but I didn't think anyone would want to check them out with all the other top tier headphones there. But they are pretty comfortable so you should be fine. I have slightly larger than average ears and have no issues with the comfort.  

The stock pads worked, but they felt awkward enough to where I wanted something else.  I ordered the Shure 940 pads (which are a bit larger) and the Sound Professionals Velours.  The SP Velours were effectively useless, they still made my ears sweat.  The Shure 940 pads though...are great!  Much more comfortable for me.  :)

May 11, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #14 of 20
My name is Zeke for the past couple of years I've taken an interest into high quality headphones but living around the Minneapolis area means that I have found it hard to get to listen to any high end headphones. I have a pair of T90s coming soon and want to be able to compare them to some other headphones. Is there going to be another meet? If so could I possibly know when and where?

May 11, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #15 of 20
My name is Zeke for the past couple of years I've taken an interest into high quality headphones but living around the Minneapolis area means that I have found it hard to get to listen to any high end headphones. I have a pair of T90s coming soon and want to be able to compare them to some other headphones. Is there going to be another meet? If so could I possibly know when and where?

I think we will be setting something up soon as everyone is getting a bit restless to show off there new gear as well as try out some new gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back