MiniWatt Tube Amp (ALO dealer)
Dec 3, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #31 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadcykler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am currently using a pair of speakers that are rated at 87 dbs and 6 ohms, do you think this little gem would be adequate in a 12 x 14 room? Volume is subjective but I don't usually crank it too much.

That would be pushing it I think, anyone else have anything similar to these?

I have some Audioengine P4s and they are 88dbs and seem to be fine though.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Dec 4, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #32 of 48
I think it will push those speakers - just not very loud. But the room is small, and the price of the Miniwatt is so cheap that it is almost a no-brainer to just give it a try - you might be surprised!

Dec 20, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #34 of 48
I am hoping someone has tried the miniwatt with a K1000 and has some impressions to provide.. please advise if you have and any hearing impressions. or even a link to any posts and threads here. I have failed to turn these up in my searches

Dec 20, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #35 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunwar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am hoping someone has tried the miniwatt with a K1000 and has some impressions to provide.. please advise if you have and any hearing impressions. or even a link to any posts and threads here. I have failed to turn these up in my searches

Kunwar

I have a K1000 with the notch filters removed and will give a try later this this evening and report back.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dec 21, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #36 of 48
Yep works fine... Happy days.

Ken

K1000_miniwatt.jpg

Dec 21, 2009 at 8:32 AM Post #37 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kunwar

I have a K1000 with the notch filters removed and will give a try later this this evening and report back.

Ken

if i may ask, by notch filters are you referring to the little boards inside the K1000 earspeaker enclosure.?

Just interested in what the notch filter does to the sound.

Dec 22, 2009 at 7:02 AM Post #38 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunwar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if i may ask, by notch filters are you referring to the little boards inside the K1000 earspeaker enclosure.?

Just interested in what the notch filter does to the sound.

Yes correct, and do not, repeat do not remove them. I was curious and took them out and yeah they are there for a reason. Now I need to put them back
bigsmile_face.gif

They are there to correct a certain peak in the freq response.

Ken

Jan 8, 2010 at 3:53 AM Post #40 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by nightmedia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any idea whether you will be offering again soon the tube upgrade package?

Sorry yes they are back in stock for a little while HERE

Thank you

Ken

Jan 9, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #42 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry yes they are back in stock for a little while HERE

Thank you

Ken

Awesome, just got the amp and playing with it. A bit misleading is that I the headphone adapter has the cables crossed, and there is no marking on it to show L/R connection. That's just being fussy, I know.

The amp sounds absolutely great with the stock tubes, and I A/B it with a Headroom portable desktop amp, the Miniwatt holds its own pretty darn well.

I just ordered a set of upgrade tubes, and I am really curious how much of an improvement it offers.

Jan 9, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #43 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigjppop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you think the output voltage from an iMod (4G) is enough to drive this baby well? I've got some Omega speakers (93dB) that I'm thinking about pairing up with this little guy.

And - are you happy with the Omega speakers on the Miniwatt amp?

Jan 18, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #44 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by melomaniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but the amp itself is out of stock? I'd order one if it's in stock...

i'm also very interested in ordering one of these...any idea when the amp itself will be back in stock?

Jan 21, 2010 at 4:29 AM Post #45 of 48
Does anyone have any further thoughts on this as a headphone amp specifically?

There may be second hand ones come on the market, and I think a review of its effectiveness as a headphone amp would give some indication on what the new version may sound like.

I am trying to decide between one of these and the Ming Da MC84-C07 for a valve headphone amp and high efficiency speakers amp.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back