minimize foobar to window
May 8, 2010 at 9:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

HariBhushan

100+ Head-Fier
is there any way i can minimize foobar into a normal window (like when you minimize firefox for example). I don't want the icon in the taskbar , i just want it to be minimized as a window for easier opening.

May 8, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #2 of 11
...wat

Foobar minimizes to the taskbar, but you can resize the window to whatever you'd like.

May 8, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #3 of 11
If you have Columns UI installed it's at preferences>display>Columns UI>Notification Area "minimse to icon"

if not there is also one at preferences>display>Default User Interface "minimize to notification area"

I had to uncheck both boxes.

May 8, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #4 of 11
no i meant, i want it next to my firefox tabs. mine minimizes to taskbar, but i can't make it minimize to a regular window

minmize.png

May 8, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
is there any way i can minimize foobar into a normal window (like when you minimize firefox for example). I don't want the icon in the taskbar , i just want it to be minimized as a window for easier opening.

Check the Preferences, Default User Interface, System Notification Area

I have not seen this work properly on my system, but this is where you configure this feature.

May 8, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #8 of 11
@ joe_cool

a lil late, but thanks for the help anyways. I am using theme with Columns UI, so all i had to do was uncheck the 'minimize to icon' I also unchecked the 'always show icon'

thx you once again, head-fi, you guys do not disappoint ^_^

May 8, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #10 of 11
Heh, that's it.  I was so confused because, technically, the entire bottom bar is the 'taskbar'.  And on Win7, mine does minimize just like any other window...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back