Minimal Radiohead
Feb 21, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Cat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice stuff. Try to get a more Glenn Gould dry Steinway tone with eq. Don't hit the bass note so hard, comes off angry rather than melancholy. Like the sustain. A little drone somehow on Eb and F. When I get my new mandolin maybe I'll do some single note drone, way back in the mix, Radiohead hide such stuff. Like the solo acoustic piano stuff best, Fur Alina also very nice. The synth piece bass is too strong again harming the ambience. The space flying saucer echo thing might just be better as phase or flange or ring autowah. PS I could do not what you have done if I had to. Just what I was longing to hear in it.

Thanks everyone....

A lot of the issues regarding production are with Garageband (Re: Synth thing and Piano). BUT my copy of Logic Studio arrived yesterday. I'll change the piano sound and maybe upload it.

Thanks for the critique either way, I recorded the pieces with my Ety's on (perhaps this explains the excess bass? Lol).

Feb 21, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by tusk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is great music. I really love the glassy chords. I don't know anything about minimalism, but the long cold chords left me shivering.
On a sidenote would you be willing to give me the chords for this? Or even the music?

The chords are the same as the original song, note by note. I just decided to take advantage of different stresses and tendencies than Yorke. As far as music, I haven't written it out.

Any other Radiohead song requests? I'm thinking True Love Waits.

Feb 23, 2008 at 6:19 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean.Perrin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The chords are the same as the original song, note by note. I just decided to take advantage of different stresses and tendencies than Yorke. As far as music, I haven't written it out.

Any other Radiohead song requests? I'm thinking True Love Waits.

Thanks for the info. I went and got the chords, but because I liked your song so much I decided to actually listen to the original. I am now a radiohead addict I think. I am ordering Kid A (my first album bought) and I am learning the original song you covered.
I also looked more into minimalism, and the music is great. Philip Glass is quite genius.
I just want to thank you for broadening my music knowledge and enjoyment. Keep up the good work.

Feb 24, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by tusk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the info. I went and got the chords, but because I liked your song so much I decided to actually listen to the original. I am now a radiohead addict I think. I am ordering Kid A (my first album bought) and I am learning the original song you covered.
I also looked more into minimalism, and the music is great. Philip Glass is quite genius.
I just want to thank you for broadening my music knowledge and enjoyment. Keep up the good work.

Thanks!

I posted a video of this on Youtube (using the Steinway sound) if you are interested:

YouTube - Everything In It's Right Place

Mar 22, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #20 of 20
This was a while ago now, but if anyone is interested I'll be premiering this piece live in Calgary, AB with the University of Calgary New Music Ensemble on March 31. Details (and the recording) are available on my myspace...

Cheers! And thanks for the input everyone, the interest you showed here made my idea seem better than I had originally thought, and I'll be premiering it at one of the finest recital halls in Canada on a Stienway 'D'... I'm very Excited!

Here's the concert poster and link: MySpace.com - Sean Perrin - Calgary, CA - Minimalist / Classical / Electronica - www.myspace.com/seanperrin

l_34ca37e6f5d912481f9348b731876c40.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back