minidisk
Jun 18, 2002 at 12:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

teknique

New Head-Fier
I am looking for a affordable mini disk playr that has good sound quallity...

- My main source of music is from mp3s...burning cds..
- Can someone explain netmd....and is this a good way to go i remember somthing about someone saying there software suks...

thank you

Jun 18, 2002 at 12:39 AM Post #2 of 7
Could I point you to the Minidisc T-boards where you can find out all about this:

T-Board

PS. My avatar in T-board says 'NetMD Sucks'. I think my opinion is clear
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2002 at 12:59 AM Post #3 of 7
if you're using mp3's than NetMD will almost be more work than non NetMD. You first have to convert to sony's compression format, and THEN you send the files to the MD.

Easier just to get an non NetMD unit and transfer the music in real time.

Check out that T-board link as they know a lot about MD's, although im not so sure what they know of sound quality (guys there used to say 'mega bass level 3 isnt bassy enough for me'
rolleyes.gif
)....

Jun 18, 2002 at 2:55 AM Post #4 of 7
First it's minidisC not minidisK.

Second to anyone who doesn't like OpenMG I found this thead at the minidisc-t board that has some very detailed instructions on how to use NetMD without OpenMG

-->LINK<--

Jun 18, 2002 at 9:55 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by SBomm
First it's minidisC not minidisK.

Second to anyone who doesn't like OpenMG I found this thead at the minidisc-t board that has some very detailed instructions on how to use NetMD without OpenMG

-->LINK<--

But only if you transfer complete albums, or don't care about having track names on your songs. And it's a right hassle if I may say so. Still, 100% reliable which is more than I can say for OpenMG...

Jun 18, 2002 at 1:37 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by jlo mein
Check out that T-board link as they know a lot about MD's, although im not so sure what they know of sound quality (guys there used to say 'mega bass level 3 isnt bassy enough for me'
rolleyes.gif
)....

Hey, we're not all bad!!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back