minidisc-Tboard
Mar 1, 2004 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

w00glin

New Head-Fier
Is www.minidisct.com down today? I've been getting a no-go when trying to reach the sight.
(could not be found, please check name and try again)
frown.gif

Mar 1, 2004 at 2:22 AM Post #3 of 13
It's only a head-fi clone anyway, why bother caring?
Why a bunch of audiophiles should waste their time persuading less elite minidisc users to upgrade headphones I don't know. Maybe there's nothing else to talk about with MD? Heh. Head-fi for hi fidelity, MDT for MD and it's applications, not Hi-fi with MD as a side thought somewhere..

Hey it's my 880th post. Guess what headphones I own..

Mar 1, 2004 at 2:34 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by w00glin
Hey, no need to slam the MD'ers around. If head-fi went down for a day you'd probably be in the same withdrawl and looking around on other boards for answers too, right?

Probably has something to do with the recent server upgrade, working the bugs out...

Nah.

I have somewhere around the 6000 mark in posts over at T station. I'm saying: Here is head-fi. We discuss hi-fidelity headphones here.

Then many members (including me.. duh) registered at head-fi. Then they influenced the T-board so much that it's become the minidisc section of head-fi. Maybe I notice it more, but there's a reason i've stopped posting 18 posts a day there, down to maybe.. 18 posts in a week.

Mar 1, 2004 at 3:51 AM Post #8 of 13
Up again now...

Must check out this site...

Mar 1, 2004 at 1:46 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by w00glin
Is that a mac interface or an XP skin? Looks cool!

Heh, it's one of the standard XP colour schemes. If you have Windows XP just go to desktop properties, click the "appearance" tab and change the colour scheme to silver
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 2, 2004 at 11:15 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by D-EJ915
The people over at the T-Board pointed me over here...without them, I wouldn't be here
600smile.gif
... you cannot diss them!!

Ditto!
smily_headphones1.gif

Without MiniDiscT, I'd have never found Head-Fi, never known about the kind of high-end headphones available and never known about headphone amps etc. and I probably wouldn't be listening to my set-up right now!
eek.gif

Mar 2, 2004 at 8:09 PM Post #12 of 13
i used to be a regular on the t-board, but the level of discussions and moderation were pretty low compared with head-fi.

Mar 2, 2004 at 8:11 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter
i used to be a regular on the t-board, but the level of discussions and moderation were pretty low compared with head-fi.

same here.

besides, the rate at which topics gets repeated is way higher than around here (and it ain't low here either).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back