minidisc strangeness... md gurus please help!
Oct 17, 2001 at 7:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

redshifter

High Fidelity Gentility• redrum....I mean redshifter• Pee-pee. Hoo-hoo.• I ♥ Garfield
as a new minidisc owner (sony mz r70pc) i have a few questions:

1) is there a way to set it so that it defaults to manual recording rather than auto recording? i don't want to have to navigate to the "record volume" menu every time i switch minidiscs during a recording session, and i prefer to set the levels by hand.

2) when i select "shuffle" for playback it also sets it to repeat play. if i turn off repeat play the shuffle turns off. this can't be right, can it?

3) during shuffle play, if i stop the player, then resume play (it remembers what song i was on), it will often play an already-played song. this is unlike my discman, which does not repeat songs during shuffle play, even if the stop button is used.

perhaps my md is defective? or perhaps there is a fix to these problems in the md service menu?

Oct 17, 2001 at 10:18 PM Post #2 of 3
This is based on my experience with my MZ-R70:

1. No. Yes, it's quite the pain in the ass.
2. Nope, nothing wrong... That's how mine is.
3. Mine does that too. It seems to re-shuffle the tracks every time it stops.

So, no, it's not defective
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh and here's a tip: If you want some extra battery life, get some rechargeable NiMH AA cells with an external charger. It will give you waaaaaaaay more battery life than the default NiCad. The ones I use are RatShack 1600 mAh.

Oct 17, 2001 at 10:36 PM Post #3 of 3
thanks fiddler. i' happy to hear it is not defective, but sad that there's nothing i cand do.
smily_headphones1.gif
frown.gif

i already have an external recharger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back