Minidisc Creme de la cheap Creme?:)
Aug 11, 2003 at 5:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Bionic Gecko

Head-Fier
I tried using the search but there were so many threads to wade through. Anyways, what are the top MD recorder/players that are cheap(~$100 or so) Size is key, sound quality must be good(obviously), and a remote would be nice but not at all required. Thanks in advance and to those that have noticed sorry for making so many threads
frown.gif

Aug 11, 2003 at 8:28 PM Post #2 of 14
the most $100 will get you is prob a 610....if you want it slim and with remote, you gota pay more then $100

Aug 11, 2003 at 11:12 PM Post #5 of 14
thicker than a deck of cards...not really tight-jeans-pocket material.

if you want a really good MDP for a reasonable price, get your hand on a second hand MT80, 90, 88 or 99 (last two with MDLP).

Aug 12, 2003 at 8:39 PM Post #6 of 14
I second the vote for an MT180 , i got mine for 95$ shipped and it sounds so nice, better sounding than anything sony for the same price and the strongest headphone out (10mw @32 ohms) on any MD portable. no distortion even at max volume.

the main difference between sharp and sony sound in simple words is sharp = a little less treble, a little more bass

also..for size, its as deep as a quarter, and headphone out comes out of the top of the unit, so it's easy to learn how to use blind.

Aug 12, 2003 at 10:47 PM Post #7 of 14
people with the MT1x0 series units, what do you think on the plastic construction? I think it's really a shame how Sharp went from making the best built afordable units (mt15/20, sr50/60/70, mt80/90/88/99, all aluminium and very solid) in the world to plastic units. I also wonder why, since their 'lowest' units always went for really nice prices, lower than anything else, and seemed to out-sell every other unit that wasn't entry-level Sony (the average consumer is braindead, so they buy whatever Sony gives em
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

sry 'bout the rant.
rolleyes.gif

Aug 13, 2003 at 4:23 AM Post #9 of 14
That casing held up a lot better than whatever metallic stuff is on my MT770. That stuff dented and effected how it worked so much I thought it was really broken after 4 months. My MT180 has hit the floor 3 times more than my MT770 (honestly, I don't usually do this to my equipment), and given it's larger size and what feels to be sturdier build, it's still running smooth. I personally prefer uglier if it works better for the long run.

Aug 16, 2003 at 5:39 PM Post #10 of 14
What do people think of the NetMD Sony MZ-N510(Think thats the one)? There is one at my local Wal Mart for $134 or so with the car kit and all, worth it? Oh and even if it would be a few bucks cheaper online, I'd rather get it offline unless it was decent savings. Thanks
biggrin.gif

Aug 17, 2003 at 4:52 PM Post #11 of 14
Another vote for Sharp MT180, I got it for almost 6 months and use them with sony eggo. It's perfect, eventhough it is not as small as new model md player, but it's small enough for me. I use them almost everyday for work, it have taken some abuse yet it still going strong. You won't regret buying this.

Aug 22, 2003 at 11:49 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by Bionic Gecko
I tried using the search but there were so many threads to wade through. Anyways, what are the top MD recorder/players that are cheap(~$100 or so) Size is key, sound quality must be good(obviously), and a remote would be nice but not at all required. Thanks in advance and to those that have noticed sorry for making so many threads
frown.gif

I was recently able to get a Brand New Sony MZ-R90 w/ remote recently on eBay for $150.00. I think it was a pretty a good price (over-budget!) but the sound is great. I was also able to pick up a nice Sony MZ-R55 new for under $100.00. I think the MR-R70 can be gotten at about $75. All should come with velour bag, remote, phones, rechargeable battery, and AC adapter.

I hope this helps...

amadeus-mozart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back