MiniDisc Confusion!
Oct 2, 2001 at 6:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Jeff

100+ Head-Fier
Now that I'm on the run more, I want to be able to use a portable format that sounds good, is somewhat cheap, and can take a few beatings. It seems that MiniDisc is what I want.

Now, the fun part begins! Just what portable MD player/recorder would fit me? The features I'm interested are being able to record digitally (from the computer's USB or optical output from a CDP), the MDLP format, and decent sound (I would prefer a line-out, but would accept a good headphone jack). Live recording is not needed.

Here's what I've seen:

Sony MZ-R9000 - Expensive, and the computer connectivity sounds like it requires the use of their Jukebox Player software.

Sharp MT877 - Battery life seems to be short? Only a headphone jack output.

Sony MZ-R7000 - Cheaper version of the R9000?

Right now the R7000 might fit the bill, but I haven't seen any reviews on the unit.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm completely open to hearing to them!

- JeffB

Oct 2, 2001 at 7:27 AM Post #2 of 5
If you're not concerned with live recording, the MZR-700PC would seem to fit the bill for you. It's an excellent unit that has gotten very good review. You should be able to pick one up for less than $200.

Oct 2, 2001 at 11:10 AM Post #3 of 5
Oct 3, 2001 at 9:41 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks! Even without a seperate line out, I think the R700 might just be right considering price/performence. I played with a few at Circuit City and Best Buy, and they're pretty darn cool.

Oct 3, 2001 at 10:00 PM Post #5 of 5
Go for it! I love my R700
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back