Originally Posted by Luminette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uh Oh! Someone buy it and sell it to me used for damn cheap
smily_headphones1.gif
(damn cheapER)

You should have asked me a while ago =(

Aug 28, 2008 at 2:53 PM Post #5 of 19
Thats a tiny one.
smily_headphones1.gif

Someone should clearly take one for the team, and report back..

Aug 28, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #6 of 19
damn. Only hoped that it's good. I"ll snatch it for my 150 ohm re-1s:'(

Aug 29, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats a tiny one.
smily_headphones1.gif

Someone should clearly take one for the team, and report back..

It is a very nice amp specially at the going price of $69. Unfortunetly I compared it against the MiniBox-E+ which IMO is a superb sounding amp! So much so that the MiniBox-E+ has become my everyday portable amp w/ a pair of AD797 op-amps in lieu of the stock AD8610.

If you are looking for an inexpensive amp which sounds very good, w/ an small footprint, the F may be what you are looking for. BTW, the IC included is very good it is made w/ canare cable.

Aug 29, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #9 of 19
Its a shame the Minibox E+ is out of stock, I too assumed the F as the new upgraded version of the E+, alas no.

Aug 29, 2008 at 7:06 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its a shame the Minibox E+ is out of stock, I too assumed the F as the new upgraded version of the E+, alas no.

About a month ago, Fang of head-direct said to me that "Minibox-E+ will come back to stock in about 2-3 weeks". So, E+ will come back soon I suppose.

Sep 6, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #12 of 19
I am said purchaser ; )

I like it a lot - it's superior to my original CMoy, but unfortunately I am not able to comment beyond there... I don't have any other experiences to compare with. If any one lives near the SF bay area and is interested in checking it out to give a more informed and proper review, I wouldn't mind at all.

Just you know what I'm listening to it with:
Apple Lossless > iPod Classic > LOD(generic ebay adaptor) >Canare IC with Nuetrik plugs > Minibox F > Audio Technica ES7 or Etymotic ER6 or Shure SE210

Sep 29, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #13 of 19
Just got the F and it really surprised me.

Straight out of the box with my iPod and TF10s really has some shining highs. Only listened to Enya briefly and compared to Pico (no match to the Pico) but for a $70 def a great entry contender.

More will come

Users who are viewing this thread

Back