Mini3, Z-Audio, XM4, or MiniBox
Aug 27, 2007 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TedGamble

Head-Fier
From the following list of amps, which would the experts recommend. I previously owned an RSA Tomahawk and truly loved it, but could not justify the cost of ownership.

I will be driving it with a 5.5G iPod, using Senn CX300 buds and Senn PX100 phones.

Aside from great sound (good tight bass), battery life is my next highest ranking feature, followed by sound stage. I'm wanting to stay in the mid $100 price range. GoVibe v7's are no longer available as of today, so that's no longer an option.

Mini^3
Z-Audio (Mu or Lambda)
XM4
MiniBox E

Aug 27, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #2 of 4
Cant comment on the other amps listed but I have owned the Lambda for a long time and I'm still very happy with it.It is an excellent sounding amp for the price.If you order one either get battery or ac power--not both....I will say the batteries are a pain to change out.A minor quibble tho.It's a very underrated amp plus Ty of Z-Audio is a pleasure to deal with. I use it all the time connected to my computer with a Microdac and Grados with outstanding results.

Also,I use to live in LaVergne and was in your area many times.

Aug 27, 2007 at 7:13 PM Post #3 of 4
mini3 is probably the best of the bunch but IDK what kind of battery life to expect out of it. I use mine as a desktop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back