Mini3 Charger
May 2, 2010 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bba1973

500+ Head-Fier
I ordered a mini3 recently, and I realized I'll need a charger for it. I've got some Ni-Mh 9v batteries and a charger for them, but I'd rather use a wallwart to just plug in the back of the mini3. Might as well take advantage of the charging circuit instead of having to change out the batteries. I could do that, but I'm worried I might accidentally bend the battery connections.

Yes, I did read the charger reccomendations from AMB Labs, but I'd rather find something on ebay or in a store (Radioshack?). I do have a universal wallwart, but it only goes up to 12V. Would that be safe to use and just take longer to charge, or do I really need a 15V? Or should I just stick with what I have and just change out batteries? Any other brand/model reccomendations? I'm in the US, so I'm looking for US charger reccomendations.

Thanks for reading.

May 2, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #3 of 3
mmmm uses the LM317L voltage regulator same as my caffine ultra , so a 9v charger would just power it 12v and above will charge it (correct me if im wrong)
I would say the main thing is to use a regulated charger to avoid killer surges i use a seperate 3600mah battery that i recharge with a solar panel
,i also use a casio keyboard charger and also have a portable hard drive charger that fits ,both 12volts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back