Mini to RCA for my setup
Jan 29, 2008 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Monster_Omelette

100+ Head-Fier
I just purchased a GLite (w/out DPS) and was wondering what would be better for my setup; copper, silver, or a mixture of both? I like a neutral, uncolored sound as over half of the music I listen to is classical. My concern is that buying a silver cable would make the DT 880 treble too much for me to bear as they (and the GLite apparently, but probably less so) are biased to those frequencies. I also wonder if it might make the beyers very sterile and overly analytical. Would such a cable be possible to find for around ~$50? I could probably stretch the budget to $75 max. Thanks!

Jan 29, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #2 of 9
Check out bluejeanscable.com. You may have to email or call them. I picked up the Cable you are looking for about 33 bucks or so. They are down the street from my house so I just picked it up. Good stuff.

Jan 29, 2008 at 9:07 AM Post #3 of 9
Mix Copper/Silver, would resulting a fast, clear presentation with a bit of copper warmth, and sweet sounding.
Usually I ask a Head-Fiers to build the DIY cable for me, Stevenkelby has my highest recommendation.

Jan 29, 2008 at 12:58 PM Post #4 of 9
Another vote for the BJC.

Mini to RCA is not listed on their site but drop them an email, they will have what you need.

smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check out bluejeanscable.com. You may have to email or call them. I picked up the Cable you are looking for about 33 bucks or so. They are down the street from my house so I just picked it up. Good stuff.

They're in Seattle? Do they have a store or can you just go there to pick up your order?

Feb 3, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #7 of 9
They do not have a store to pickup your order. But if you call them and let them know you are going to pick up the order they will get it ready in a hurry, like while you wait for a few minutes or so. I have had many cables made and picked up all of them. It is like a production where house of sorts. Nothing fancy, but a great staff to deal with.

Feb 3, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #8 of 9
Very cool, I always hate waiting for my new toys
smily_headphones1.gif
I wonder if they can make an iPod LOD-RCA cable. I'll have to email them Monday.

Feb 3, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #9 of 9
LOD may not be and option.That is not what they do as far as what I know. It is audio and digital, everything else is bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back