Mini to mini....big difference?
Oct 9, 2006 at 1:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

JT22

Banned
I'm about to order the new jumbo mini to mini from ALO, and I'll be listening to it from an RH10 and PA2V2 with KSC75s (and probably an RH1 with lineout in the future). Will this mini to mini cable make an improvement in SQ over the stock mini to mini that came with the PA2V2? If so, how much of a difference would it be?

Oct 9, 2006 at 1:41 AM Post #2 of 10
It will definately make a difference, though I don't have a jumbo dock and can't extrapolate from personal experience. Use the search function to find out people's opinions.

You might be better off with a cyro mini to mini since the jumbo dock is breakable and should really only be bent once. The cyro cable is flexible and the durability should be beyond anything you subject it to. The sound quality of the cryo cable is on par with the silk and cotton cables.

Oct 9, 2006 at 3:16 AM Post #3 of 10
Sweet
biggrin.gif
Although this is just for home use, so I'm gonna go with the jumbo mini to mini
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 10, 2006 at 12:34 AM Post #5 of 10
hmm... mrarroyo makes a wonderful suggestion! An amp would definitely make a bigger difference than a new interconnect.

Oct 10, 2006 at 7:07 PM Post #6 of 10
Yeah that's a good idea, a new amp. I'm slowly working on a new rig, so a new amp will be needed. I'm thinking of a supermacro IV, or a Hornet M. I'm just concerned the jumbo mini to mini might be too large for the Supermacro because of the switches it has above the in and out jacks.

Oct 11, 2006 at 6:44 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by JT22
I'm just concerned the jumbo mini to mini might be too large for the Supermacro because of the switches it has above the in and out jacks.

I am using a Wyvern AG16 with my SM IV. I had Alex make them without the shrink wrap. The plugs fits just fine.

Oct 12, 2006 at 1:47 AM Post #9 of 10
In my opinion a mini can make very big difference.
Using Grado headphones as an example; from the SR 225 model up to the GS1000 model all use UHPLC copper in the voice coils and as well as the cables. So it stands to reason that using the same wire in a mini would have a noticeable impact. I use this wire in my ICs and find it to makes a very big difference.

Regards
mcpig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back