Mini-to-mini and optical out connect suggestions
Jan 24, 2011 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

rroseperry

Headphoneus Supremus
I bought a PA2V2 a while ago, then upgraded to a Headsix that I take to work and use at home. It came with a fairly standard mini to mini cable, but I'm beginning to hear some shorting in the cable (probably because I've wrapped it up to carry around).

Does anyone have any suggestions for a sturdy connector? I'd like it to be shorter than 6 inches.

I'd also appreciate any suggestions for an optical out to mini connector. It's to hook my iRiver up to the Headsix.

Thanks.

Jan 24, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #2 of 6
HeadRoom sells a 4" mini to mini for $10. If you want something higher quality it's best to have it custom made. HeadRoom sells an optical to mini I think but you'll need a DAC in between the iRIver and Meier amp.

Jan 24, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks, I had looked at the HeadRoom connectors, but wondered how sturdy they were. I hadn't thought about the need for a DAC, but that makes perfect sense.

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #6 of 6
The Cardas looks a lot more solid than the HeadRoom cables. I think I may as well invest the extra 10 bucks.

I'll bookmark the optical cable pages, thanks, but a DAC purchase is a ways off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back