Mini-mini cable needed, please look!
Jan 14, 2002 at 1:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Barry F

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I have been searching for a mini-mini cable that is longer than 1 meter. I need it to be approximately 6 ft long. I have looked at the straightwire cable, however it seems to only come in a 1 meter length.

Anyone have any suggestions, and can possibly provide a link?

I tried searching circuit city and best buy but can only find the RCA brand.

Thank you in advance,
Barry

Jan 14, 2002 at 4:01 PM Post #2 of 9
Two choices for something other than Radio Shack.

CJs Audio can get you a custom made Twisted Pairs Designs cable. CJs is at http://www.cjsaudvid.com/. I had them build me a 1/2 meter cable, but 6 ft is going to be quite expensive!

Markertek either has your cable in stock or will build you one. Their website is http://www.markertek.com/. Cheaper, but not as nice. They specialize in microphone cabling, and what you're looking for is in their catalog.

Either way, the Canare F11 connectors appear to be the best.

Jan 14, 2002 at 4:05 PM Post #3 of 9
SC6MZMZ is the Markertek cable you want. Be sure you're getting the "balanced stereo" cable, not the mono one! $16.95 for 6 feet.

Jan 15, 2002 at 3:27 AM Post #5 of 9
Jan 30, 2002 at 3:02 AM Post #6 of 9
I just got SC3MM 3.5 mini male to 3.5 mini male markertek cables. These are different than the SC6MZMZ "balanced stereo cables" I am going to use these to connect a Sony D-25S pcdp to a JMT built CHA 47 altoids amp. Did I order the wrong friggin cable? I guess it's not a really BIG loss but it sure would be inconvenient just to lose money because I got the wrong cable.

Jan 30, 2002 at 6:26 AM Post #7 of 9
I don't have that amp, but I do have the D-25s. The number you listed is the MONO cable. The one I listed before is the STEREO cable. Easy error. The F-12 connector is the stereo mini, you can see three metal divisions on the plug tip; the mono mini, like the F-11, has only two.

Seriously, why not just call them up and explain your error? If you're lucky, they'll let you send it back and get the right thing out to you. It must happen pretty often.

Jan 30, 2002 at 6:37 AM Post #8 of 9
Hopefully I should get a reply soon. Should I wait for the reply or should I just order the correct cable anyway? HMmmm..

Jan 30, 2002 at 9:39 AM Post #9 of 9
Manufacturers usually have a short period of time where you can call in and get your order changed. I'd recommend calling them instead of using e-mail. It'd be a lot safer. I have experience doing this although in a completely different line of product.. had to cancel a 22" monitor because I found a place selling $150 cheaper than where I originally ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back