Mini meet Sunday May 9th North Laguna Beach. One hell of a nice place for a meet.
May 6, 2015 at 3:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Golden Ears

100+ Head-Fier
May 9th

I did Head-Fi meets before... And everyone seemed to like them. I would like to do this one, and have. As a focus the ability to swap things in and out of systems to try to put together better stereos than you came with..

http://www.head-fi.org/t/518042/los-angeles-meet-10-16-10

http://www.head-fi.org/t/477477/ic-los-angeles-mini-meet-near-ucla

http://www.head-fi.org/t/538843/ca-venice-meet-at-our-beach-home-again-the
-last-time-was-fun

http://www.head-fi.org/t/553042/venice-beach-meet-impressions-thread-may-7

I moved from one beach home to another. This one has really amazing beach access for the kids. Fisherman' cove, diver's cove ( yes you can dive there is a scuba shop out my back door fantastic kelp forests whales and dolphins, lobsters etc.) , Shaws Cove are just a few car lengths from my door. Crescent bay is just 2 min walk, and Laguna main beach are a free shuttle away.

Unlimited parking in Pavillions lot after you unload at the front of the house.

Food is also close by, and shopping is 4 miles away at Fashion Island - amazing produce at Bristol Farms in Newport.

This is a big home. I have twin living rooms, once again, a nice oven deck with outlets,
and a huge dining room that seats 8. Plus a bonus room downstairs .

In two weeks I'd like to have a meet focused on DACs and perhaps Mini Monitors .

This is a great warm up for T.H.E. Snow Newport Beach where once again I'll be tuning a room...so you can have a good handle on DACs and headphones prior to going into the show as the show has gotten so big that it is too much to take in with the time allotted.

I'll well located for SOCAL meets now..as I am midway between LA and San Diego . Just minutes off the 405 and about 150 feet off PCH.

Anyone who came to my prior meets is an automatic in. You were all a polite respectable bunch I and I throughly enjoyed hosting all of you. Pm me for directions.

You may also call me 10-9pm at 347-263-7238 ( my number spells out disco draft)

Quite a bit of interesting stuff- just to kick it off... ( an audio research amp is in for service as are my Odyssey Kismet monoblocks)
MSB Analog DAC stack with all top of the line separate power supplies
and
transports

Wadia 860x with Great Northern Sound Corporation Statement upgrade

Hegel HD 12 DAC

Aqua (Acoustic Quality) La Voce

Esoteric Audio Research EAR 912 preamp

Audio Research VS 110 tube amp 100 wpc with Great Norther Sound
Corporation upgrade

Audio Research 250MKII Servo tube amp 250 wpc with Great Northern Sound
Upgrade Cardas caps , volume control deleted

VAC PHI 200 tube amp 100wpc

Scott 233 integrated amp 32 wpc
Sherwood s5500 integrated tube amp 32 wpc

Chapman-T9MKII
Chapman T-7 in dual cabinets
Chapman T-8
Infinity Reference Standard RS1-b
Magneplanar Tympani IV-A
Magneplanar Tympani 1 D

Genelec s30D remarkably good studio monitors tri amplified with 120 W
class a/b amps built in 24/96 DAC decca ribbons

May 6, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #3 of 11
Purrin it would be great to see you, I didn't get to talk much at the Westin meet.

You have to check out this La Voce DAC by Aqua from Italy , it lets you DAC roll by having modules you can snap in...pretty cool. Also a phase reversal switch for out of phase CDs and subsequently out of phase files.

It doesn't seem to have all that added digital HF noise/dither to try and mask digital artifacts. To me it sounds remarkably correct and non fatiguing.

Much nicer digs than the last home. BTW. AWESOME OCEAN DECK, and still with the never ending swimsuit parade lol.

May 6, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #4 of 11
Just swapped the date to May 9th, forgot about mothers day .

May 6, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #5 of 11
this would have been fantastic - just minutes away from where I usually am - but I'll be away this weekend, alas. would have loved to compare notes on maggies vs cans...

May 9, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #11 of 11
Damn. I'd love to go but this is short notice. I barely log on here anymore.

If you end up pushing it, let me know and I'll be happy to go.

- L

Users who are viewing this thread

Back