Mini Meet Maastricht June the 3rd 2007
Apr 26, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #211 of 423
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luonnotar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi! I'm new here at the boards and new at the whole hifi experience. Though I have my HD580 for 7 years now, I never really got into the whole thing. But now I feel it isn't meeting my expectations anymore, so I'd love to come to the meet and check some stuff out (I've never even tried an amp, so I'm really curious).

I can bring:
HD580
PX200
SR225 (ordered them today, yay!)

That would be great!!! I will add you to the list with all your equip.
Nice to see one more grado coming!

Apr 26, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #212 of 423
Almost forgot, I will also bring my ipod video 30gb (rockboxed).. it goes wherever I go
wink.gif

Apr 26, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #213 of 423
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luonnotar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Almost forgot, I will also bring my ipod video 30gb (rockboxed).. it goes wherever I go
wink.gif

Added it as well.

Apr 27, 2007 at 6:50 AM Post #214 of 423
Only 2 Grado's so far he..?
frown.gif

SR 225 & SR 325
rs1smile.gif

What a shame!
eek.gif

Apr 27, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #216 of 423
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only 2 Grado's so far he..?
frown.gif

SR 225 & SR 325
rs1smile.gif

What a shame!
eek.gif

You are so evil!!! If you would come there would be 3 grados here...I would like to hear them
biggrin.gif

Apr 27, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #217 of 423
I wouldn't mind to come.
Especially if I could combine it with a trip to the town, but I don't know...
I've spend way to much money the last couple of weeks, and need to spend a lot more the coming weeks...
Maybe at the last moment I decide to come, if you still want me there then...
I'm sure you'll have a good time without me, since I'm a somewhat lesser headfi nut than most of you
icon10.gif

Apr 27, 2007 at 8:12 PM Post #218 of 423
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't mind to come.
Especially if I could combine it with a trip to the town, but I don't know...
I've spend way to much money the last couple of weeks, and need to spend a lot more the coming weeks...
Maybe at the last moment I decide to come, if you still want me there then...
I'm sure you'll have a good time without me, since I'm a somewhat lesser headfi nut than most of you
icon10.gif

I can imagine with the new house and stuff. There will be a spot left open for you anyways, even if you decide to come at the last moment. Good time without you and better time with you and the grado
tongue.gif
! We shall see...

May 9, 2007 at 11:12 AM Post #221 of 423
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread was about to hit second page, wasn't going to let that happen.
smily_headphones1.gif

So, anyone with new toys yet?

Well, I am thinking about a portable for obvious reasons. I am considering the portable electrostat, but I'm not sure yet. Since I already have a portable amp for dynamic cans I think it would be smarter to just buy some dynamics instead of electrostats.

And if I want a dynamic portable rig I don't know what I want to buy yet.

May 9, 2007 at 1:11 PM Post #222 of 423
Howsabout K1000's?
biggrin.gif

I don't know, portable electrostats.... isn't the only portable electrostat the little semi in-ear Stax? If I needed a portable rig again, I'd immediatly pick up a pair of Shure E4c's. I had them for a year, after which I stopped using public transport so I sold them. Liked the a lot. The only way to survive rushhour in a train.

May 9, 2007 at 1:33 PM Post #223 of 423
For as far as I know the Stax is the only one indeed. That's why I said " I am considering the portable electrostat...."

Dynamic would most likely be a lot better though. More options anyway and a better isolation. If I am going for dynamic I am thinking about something like the HD-25-1. My in-ears broke - I don't even know how many times.

Quote:

Howsabout K1000's?

Now, that is not even funny. Considering there are people walking around with those.
blink.gif

May 9, 2007 at 2:30 PM Post #224 of 423
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For as far as I know the Stax is the only one indeed. That's why I said " I am considering the portable electrostat...."

Dynamic would most likely be a lot better though. More options anyway and a better isolation. If I am going for dynamic I am thinking about something like the HD-25-1. My in-ears broke - I don't even know how many times.

Now, that is not even funny. Considering there are people walking around with those.
blink.gif

From what I've heard, that Stax is extremely uncomfortable.

I've brought my K1000's with me to work multiple times now, but haven't worn it on the way there. Wondering what kind of comments I'll get if I do try them outdoors (not that I have an adequate battery powered amp).

May 9, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #225 of 423
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From what I've heard, that Stax is extremely uncomfortable.

It's not that uncomfortable, but it is not a Beyer for sure. And it sure does sound good.

Anyways, I am more of a headphone person than a IEM person.

This looks pretty good as well. And maybe, maybe I am going to be stupid and buy Ultrasones.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back