Mini Cooper
Oct 31, 2002 at 6:23 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by elnero
I wouldn't be suprised to see aftermarket parts for these that will put them in the same league if not beyond.

In fact, my friend do have a new mini. From what i heard, a lot of the parts are of weird sizing. For example the rear strut is around a foot. So, it's kinda like propiertory and he don't expect a lot of aftermarket parts for the new mini.

I'll try to take some pictures if I can

Oct 31, 2002 at 6:33 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by kin3tix
i've seen 3 of them regularly parked around my dorm, kinda surprising. they'll most likely explode with popularity later this year or early next year. watch out honda and toyota
biggrin.gif

kintetix, i think it's all due to that one billboard that's on the corner of shattuck and university. you know the one i'm talking about. it had a huge picture of the mini cooper there for about 2 months.

i'm surprised the billboard didn't receive any defacing, as it usually does. i guess everyone is pretty enamored with the mini!

Oct 31, 2002 at 7:53 PM Post #18 of 24
I don't really like these things, at least how they look. If I want a go-cart, I'll just buy a go-cart.

I know a guy who drove one around NYC this summer, though. Probably good for that kind of stuff. Much more practical than the H2 some dumb**** drives around Georgetown all the time.

kerely

Nov 1, 2002 at 1:27 AM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by elnero
Too bad their so expensive here. I think they start around $25,000.

Is that $25000 Canadian?

Nov 1, 2002 at 1:52 AM Post #20 of 24
Yup! $25,200 CAD to start and I managed to get it up to $47,400 for a tricked out Cooper S!
eek.gif

Nov 1, 2002 at 5:30 AM Post #22 of 24
That race mini looks awesome with the extra-wide custom bodywork and M3-esque grille. But, yeah, the colors could have been better chosen. Wouldn't mind taking it for a spin, though!

Nov 1, 2002 at 5:59 AM Post #23 of 24
The "Mini" has been around since the sixties. Very innovative FWD and other things.

It is the cheapest of 4wheeled British cars.

I drove in many in the 70's while living in Britain. They could be really cheap, with tiny engines.

One had door panels that were just material glued to the inside of the outer skin of the car! Really really cheap and dirty. The British "people's" car.

Great rustbuckets back then too. And just yech in quality.

Times change I guess.

Nov 1, 2002 at 7:50 AM Post #24 of 24
My girlfriends sister in law has one of the new minis, it's a really nice little car.

I'm not a big fan of big, ugly, petrol guzzling cars myself so I find the mini fairly appealing
smily_headphones1.gif

Essentially it's a BMW inside, lots of room, very comfy, excellent instruments etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back