Mini ATL meet
May 28, 2006 at 3:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

phergus_25

Headphoneus Supremus
I am new to head-fi and I am looking to get to hear alot of diff setups. I was wondering if anyone was intrested in a small ATL and surrounding area meet. I would bring my humble rig, of course, but it'd be nice if some people busted out the big guns. I would be happy if it was 5 people eatin lunch and then listinin to some diff setups, or 100 people in whatever arena would work well for that #.

You can give me a PM on here or e-mail me at gregmavity@gmail.com.

-greg

May 29, 2006 at 5:36 AM Post #3 of 9
Are you hosting? and when will it be?

May 29, 2006 at 3:38 PM Post #4 of 9
biggrin.gif
Looks like all it takes for Minh is a free lunch.

I probably wouldn't be able to make time for another meet so soon again, unless it's on a weekend that I'm free.

May 29, 2006 at 10:40 PM Post #5 of 9
I actually live outside ATL. Quite a ways. I just know that a Cleveland, GA meet would consist of me sitting around listin to my rig... so in thtat case I'm havin a Cleveland mini-meet right now.
etysmile.gif

I know taht my inability to host kinda puts me orginizing in an odd situation, BUT, I really want to hear some really nice setups. If some one knows of some good stores in ATL that I could slowly go to, to qualm my want to hear diff phones, then that would be cool.

Basicaly I'm really wanting to hear alot of the the mid-fi phones since I'm going to be getting a set here sooner or later. And if I hear an awsome true hi-fi setup I could get myself into even more debt!
k1000smile.gif

-Greg

May 30, 2006 at 12:06 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz
They have a bunch of Grados at Audio Alternative. I don't really know of anywhere else for headphones though.

Thanks. I'll check those out, but I'm afraid that my ears are too wussy for Grados.

Jun 1, 2006 at 7:33 PM Post #8 of 9
I'd be game. I could bring all of the stuff in my sig except the iMac and APE, but after looking at my ratty 580s (I need to replace all the pads, badly) nobody might want to touch them!
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm in Athens, but go up to ATL frequently. For that matter, if people want to drive here I'd be willing to host. Home systems available for listening consist of the following:

HT: Tannoy 8" dual concentrics for the front three channels and side surrounds, KEF Q-Compacts for the surround rear, all driven by a Panasonic XR-55 receiver. Bass is handled by two subs based on the JBL Pro 2235H driver each in their own ca. 140L slot-vented enclosure driven by an NHT A1 monoblock. There's also a small HDTV (30" LCD) in there.
Study: Tannoy 12" dual concentrics for L-R, KEF Q-Compacts for surround L-R, all driven by a ca. 1994 Kenwood pro-logic receiver, bass courtesy of a Peerless XLS12 with passive radiator in an overdamped alignment driven by a 250W plate amp.

Jun 22, 2006 at 7:48 PM Post #9 of 9
I'd be able to once I go to Emory in late August. PM me if this'll still go down later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back